Author Topic: Michigan family sounds alarm on son's 'sextortion' suicide after arrests of 3 Nigerian men  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CRIME Published June 14, 2023 2:00am EDT
Michigan family sounds alarm on son's 'sextortion' suicide after arrests of 3 Nigerian men
Jordan DeMay was a target of 'sextortion,' when victims are pressured into sharing explicit photos or money online
Audrey ConklinBy Audrey Conklin | Fox News

Father speaks out after losing son to suicide over 'sextortion' trend
Brian Montgomery, who lost his son to suicide after he was extorted, discussed the loss of his son and how teen boys have been blackmailed over explicit pictures on 'America's Newsroom.'

This story discusses suicide. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, please contact the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

"All you've to do is cooperate with me and I won't expose you."

That's what one Nigerian man posing as a woman on Instagram wrote in a March 2022 message to 17-year-old Jordan DeMay before the Michigan teen took his own life.

"My son was smart. He was a good student. He was a great athlete," John DeMay, Jordan's father, told Fox News Digital. "Someone came to his bedroom at 3 in the morning and murdered him through Instagram when we were all sleeping at night, and we had zero chance to stop it."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-family-sounds-alarm-sons-sextortion-suicide-arrests-3-nigerian-men
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson