Author Topic: The Navy is offering up to $75,000 in enlistment bonuses to get more sailors  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Navy is offering up to $75,000 in enlistment bonuses to get more sailors
Story by Nicholas Slayton • Yesterday 7:29 PM

Like other branches in the military, the U.S. Navy is trying to overcome some challenges in recruiting and bring in new sailors. And like other branches, it’s hoping that cold hard cash can do the job.

This past week the Navy announced a series of new enlistment bonuses and eligibility rules for them, aiming to “attract the highest quality of recruits and ensure Fleet readiness.” There are a number of different bonuses, but by far the largest one goes to those who work in nuclear fields, training to operate or maintain the Navy’s nuclear-powered surface vessels and submarines. That includes roles such as Electrician's Mate Nuclear (EMN), Electronics Technician Nuclear (ETN) or Machinist's Mate Nuclear (MMN). They can get a $75,000 enlistment bonus. That cash points to the importance and difficulty of those roles; all other enlistment bonuses in the Navy are capped at $50,000.

“By providing these incentives, we are investing in the future of our Navy and ensuring that we maintain a highly skilled and dedicated force,” Master Chief Navy Counselor Gerald Allchin, the Navy’s national chief recruiter, said in a statement. “We encourage individuals who meet the eligibility criteria to explore these opportunities and embark on a rewarding career in the United States Navy."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-navy-is-offering-up-to-75-000-in-enlistment-bonuses-to-get-more-sailors/ar-AA13pqds?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b48eba5c179d4fbfaf20514ecf11c984&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson