Author Topic: Exclusive — Candidate Doug Burgum on 2024: ‘This Race Is Just Getting Started’  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Candidate Doug Burgum on 2024: ‘This Race Is Just Getting Started’

Hannah Bleau 17 Jun 2023

The 2024 presidential race is “just getting started,” North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum (R), who jumped into the race earlier this month, told Breitbart News Saturday.

Burgum spoke about his decision to jump into the presidential ring, detailing his experience growing up in a small town, losing his father at a young age, and working in the private sector building software companies. He hit many of the themes laid out in his announcement video, where he detailed his past of starting a shoe shine business, working as a chimney sweep, paying his way through college, and using his small piece of farmland to help build a startup into a worldwide billion-dollar company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBXVffKFPU&ab_channel=DougBurgum

“I understand from being in the private sector and understand from doing work to try to improve, you know, communities, that one of the biggest levers right now for improving people’s lives is … taking the government out of the private sector and keeping it in the ‘right lane.’”

“We’re really running on a platform where we can improve the life of every American if we do this [and] do it right. We’re going to focus on the economy. We’re going to focus on energy, and we’re going to focus on national security, including the border because those are the things that affect virtually every American,” Burgum said, explaining that voters in places such as Iowa are concerned about economic issues: inflation, interest rates, spending and taxes.

“Right now the Biden administration is 180 degrees wrong on economy, energy and national security. And what we learned in Iowa [and] New Hampshire is that people are very receptive and excited to hear our message,” the presidential hopeful said, hoping to foster an environment to make the American dream a reality for others.

The Biden administration has been disingenuous about the economy as of late, Burgum asserted, noting that the administration is essentially celebrating data that is less bad than last year and considering it a victory.

“The Biden administration is saying, ‘Hey, we should all feel good because inflation is lower this year than last year,’ but that’s like saying to somebody, ‘Hey, you got an eight percent pay cut last year — you should be happy about your five percent pay cut this year,’ because inflation does just cut in to every family’s buying power,” he said, adding that it is time to “bring power to state and shrink federal government.”

Some of that can be done, he continued, by treating taxpayers more as customers and cutting government red tape, as that increases costs.

“Innovation, not regulation. Innovation. It’s what’s always driven the U.S. economy and we’ve got an administration, the Biden administration” that is obsessed with regulation and thinks they “can regulate their ideologies into place for a better world,” he said.

“And they’re actually again choking off the opportunities for every American,” the governor added.

Burgum also expressed confidence in his position in the presidential race, sharing his view that the race is “just getting started.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/exclusive-candidate-doug-burgum-2024-this-race-is-just-getting-started/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

He has little political experience and therefore it is extremely difficult to do any research on him. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He has little political experience and therefore it is extremely difficult to do any research on him.
@libertybele

I took a cruise around the various candidates websites and they were pretty lame, IMO. With the power of the internet I expected more. A lot more. I don't go to rallies or watch tv that runs their ads. Sound bites from news sites don't work for me, either. I would like to see their platforms in black and white and simple enough that this dummy can understand. Also something I can revisit with ease.

Burgums website is lame. IMO. Judge for yourself.

https://www.dougburgum.com/

Trump did update his and does have more content than after my first visit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 07:44:34 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

@libertybele

I took a cruise around the various candidates websites and they were pretty lame, IMO. With the power of the internet I expected more. A lot more. I don't go to rallies or watch tv that runs their ads. Sound bites from news sites don't work for me, either. I would like to see their platforms in black and white and simple enough that this dummy can understand. Also something I can revisit with ease.

Burgums website is lame. IMO. Judge for yourself.

https://www.dougburgum.com/

Trump did update his and does have more content than after my first visit.

I have plenty of time to research the various different candidates.  For now, it's a watch and see what they do for me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.