Author Topic: Washington Post helps those who are intimidating lawyers into not working for Trump By Thomas Lifson  (Read 187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 17, 2023
Washington Post helps those who are intimidating lawyers into not working for Trump
By Thomas Lifson

The right to counsel for defendants is sacred to our democratic republic. Preventing defendants from obtaining counsel clearly adds to the darkness that the Washington Post endlessly tells us is fatal to democracy.

A highly organized group of people is attempting to deny Donald Trump the right to legal counsel of his choosing by organizing an campaign of intimidation of lawyers who might be asked to serve his defense in the criminal matter he now faces. Alan Dershowitz, one of the last honest liberals, writes:

Former President Donald Trump has now been arraigned and pleaded not guilty. He was represented by two lawyers, neither of whom he apparently wants to lead his defense at trial. He has been interviewing Florida lawyers, and several top ones have declined. I know, because I have spoken to them. There are disturbing suggestions that among the reasons lawyers are declining the case is because they fear legal and career reprisals.

There is a nefarious group that calls itself The 65 Project that has as its goal to intimidate lawyers into not representing Trump or anyone associated with him. They have threatened to file bar charges against any such lawyers. When these threats first emerged, I wrote an op-ed offering to defend pro bono any lawyers that The 65 Project goes after. So The 65 Project immediately went after me, and contrived a charge based on a case in which I was a constitutional consultant, but designed to send a message to potential Trump lawyers: if you defend Trump or anyone associated with him, we will target you and find something to charge you with. The lawyers to whom I spoke are fully aware of this threat -- and they are taking it seriously.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/06/washington_post_helps_those_who_are_intimidating_lawyers_into_not_working_for_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

This is not surprising,and part of it is OUR fault by continuing to refer to the left as "liberals". They are about as "liberal" as Mao or Stalin,who truth to tell,may be their heroes.

We NEED to start identifying these leftist bastards are the "Communists" they are,NOT the "liberals" they pretend to be.

Face it,people like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were the original American Liberals. How well do these modern "SELF-described liberals" match up to THEM?

This is going to continue until we start calling the left what they truly are,which is communists and their first cousins,fascists.

Or at a bare minimum,"Leftists".

Note that some elected representatives already admit to being leftists,but want the public to identify them as "liberals".

If you allow the enemy to control the language,you  are allowing them to win all the arguments.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!