Author Topic: Trump repeatedly celebrated the inclusion of transgender women in his beauty pageant  (Read 1183 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump repeatedly celebrated the inclusion of transgender women in his beauty pageant

Years before he said he was running for president to “defeat the cult of gender ideology,” Donald Trump welcomed and praised the inclusion of transgender women in the Miss Universe pageant.

In since unreported radio and television interviews from spring and summer 2012, Trump celebrated the interest in a 23-year-old transgender woman named Jenna Talackova participating in a Canadian pageant. He then later effusively praised the winner of the Miss USA pageant, Olivia Culpo, for saying that transgender women should be allowed to compete.

Trump, then the owner of the Miss Universe pageant, would go on to cite the possible participation of transgender women in Olympic sports to justify his decision to end a ban on transgender pageant participants.

But a decade later, as he geared up to run for a second White House term, Trump promised to “ban men from participating in women’s sports,” when speaking about transgender athletes – a reflection of how restricting trans rights has become a powerful talking point among conservatives and a potential a litmus test for Republican candidates.

Since launching his 2024 campaign Trump has also referred to gender-affirming surgery for minors as “child sexual mutilation,” said he’d seek to make such surgeries illegal if he returned to the White House, said he’d sign executive orders instructing federal agencies not to promote transitioning at any age, and ask Congress to pass a bill requiring the government to only recognize only genders assigned at birth.

That’s a departure from how he approached the inclusion of transgender people in society more than a decade ago. ...........

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/16/politics/trump-transgender-women-pageants-kfile/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump repeatedly celebrated the inclusion of transgender women in his beauty pageant

Years before he said he was running for president to “defeat the cult of gender ideology,” Donald Trump welcomed and praised the inclusion of transgender women in the Miss Universe pageant.

In since unreported radio and television interviews from spring and summer 2012, Trump celebrated the interest in a 23-year-old transgender woman named Jenna Talackova participating in a Canadian pageant. He then later effusively praised the winner of the Miss USA pageant, Olivia Culpo, for saying that transgender women should be allowed to compete.

Trump, then the owner of the Miss Universe pageant, would go on to cite the possible participation of transgender women in Olympic sports to justify his decision to end a ban on transgender pageant participants.

But a decade later, as he geared up to run for a second White House term, Trump promised to “ban men from participating in women’s sports,” when speaking about transgender athletes – a reflection of how restricting trans rights has become a powerful talking point among conservatives and a potential a litmus test for Republican candidates.

Since launching his 2024 campaign Trump has also referred to gender-affirming surgery for minors as “child sexual mutilation,” said he’d seek to make such surgeries illegal if he returned to the White House, said he’d sign executive orders instructing federal agencies not to promote transitioning at any age, and ask Congress to pass a bill requiring the government to only recognize only genders assigned at birth.

That’s a departure from how he approached the inclusion of transgender people in society more than a decade ago. ...........

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/16/politics/trump-transgender-women-pageants-kfile/index.html

Typical Trump -- the words coming out of his mouth are whatever he believes serve his personal interests best at a given moment.  He has no principles.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Typical Trump -- the words coming out of his mouth are whatever he believes serve his personal interests best at a given moment.  He has no principles.

that is HERESY !! 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I had forgot about this... how could I have forgot it... Didn't he invite Caitlyn Jenner to Judge Miss USA Pageant too... Before Bruce Jenner decided to get Trump's blessing to use the ladies restroom at his hotel (complaining about this got me thrown off TOS)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 03:55:20 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Important to realize this is before the transgender movement had acquired so much political and social momentum.  Trump was out in front of normalizing this crap.

Offline libertybele

Important to realize this is before the transgender movement had acquired so much political and social momentum.  Trump was out in front of normalizing this crap.

That's what  I mean by Trump backpedaling; often he says things and does another or does something and claims to have done or said something else.  He shows his liberal stripes by doing or saying whichever way the wind blows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's what  I mean by Trump backpedaling; often he says things and does another or does something and claims to have done or said something else.

How do you feel about DeDa's blatent lies @libertybele ?  (See my post above for a few examples).

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How do you feel about DeDa's blatent lies @libertybele ?  (See my post above for a few examples).
How unsurprising, I believe this thread is about Trumpypoo not Gov. DeSantis.

Offline LMAO

How unsurprising, I believe this thread is about Trumpypoo not Gov. DeSantis.

Yup

That particular poster is very quick to demand that a thread topic stays on topic, but has no problem veering off into other topics on uncomfortable for her threads, herself
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 01:19:38 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

How completely perfect is RiV's response in this thread?  An absolutely inarguable, factual point is made about the pageants that Trump controlled.  No inferences are required, no assumptions.  It's just fact that Trump decided to permit trannies in Miss Universe.  Clearly, she has no explanation or excuse for it, so rather than addressing it, she starts repeating the same talking points with which she spams every other political thread.

Online DB

How completely perfect is RiV's response in this thread?  An absolutely inarguable, factual point is made about the pageants that Trump controlled.  No inferences are required, no assumptions.  It's just fact that Trump decided to permit trannies in Miss Universe.  Clearly, she has no explanation or excuse for it, so rather than addressing it, she starts repeating the same talking points with which she spams every other political thread.

She's apparently paid to spew Trump crap. It is all spam now to be taken with a grain of salt.

@Maj. Bill Martin

If you think I shouldn't have posted the partial list of RDS's glaring political 180's on this thread, I say: "fair enough"   But, here's what I responded to, also posted on this thread:

I assume you are unsure of what it means to do something to only serve one's personal interests, devoid of principles ---- and simply provided a short list of real life examples you apparently missed.  The political 180s introduced by RDS transcend mere "flip-flopping" ----- they have raised the question: "What hasn't he or won't he lie about?".

But, as I said, if this is is not the place to discuss this, I'll respect your opinion. However, permit me to offer some friendly advice:  prepare to "gird your loins" ---- DeSantis cannot hide forever.

Offline LMAO

@Maj. Bill Martin

If you think I shouldn't have posted the partial list of RDS's glaring political 180's on this thread, I say: "fair enough"   But, here's what I responded to, also posted on this thread:

I assume you are unsure of what it means to do something to only serve one's personal interests, devoid of principles ---- and simply provided a short list of real life examples you apparently missed.  The political 180s introduced by RDS transcend mere "flip-flopping" ----- they have raised the question: "What hasn't he or won't he lie about?".

But, as I said, if this is is not the place to discuss this, I'll respect your opinion. However, permit me to offer some friendly advice:  prepare to "gird your loins" ---- DeSantis cannot hide forever.
Lol… Major, called you out and your reply continues to prove his point

And your last reply to him was the typical strawman. Nobody here has ever made the argument that RDS should be able to “hide forever.” I’ve never seen ANY poster every claim RDS shouldn’t be scrutinized. In fact, all candidates should be.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 12:23:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lol… Major, called you out and your reply continues to prove his point

And your last reply to him was the typical strawman. Nobody here has ever made the argument that RDS should be able to “hide forever.” I’ve never seen ANY poster every claim RDS shouldn’t be scrutinized. In fact, all candidates should be.

Well apparently not Trumpy(will continue until the Trumpsters stop playing childish name games DeSantis), with Trump, just like the democrats with Obama and Biden, only things that could be considered a positive may be mentioned while any of the negatives are just made up lies, lies, lies. I prefer to live in reality, Trump wasn't perfect, he did some good things(which were erased with his EO's). If Trump would just finally grow up and control his yap it would eliminate a good part of what turns people off, other than the spending.

And your last reply to him was the typical strawman. Nobody here has ever made the argument that RDS should be able to “hide forever.”

I never claimed anyone here said this @LMAO

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Oh you most certainly did

In case you forgot, this is you, quoted, on this very thread

“However, permit me to offer some friendly advice:  prepare to "gird your loins" ---- DeSantis cannot hide forever.”

I’ve never seen any post from Major even remotely suggesting RDS should be allowed to hide from his record

But if you have seen otherwise, feel free to post his claim here

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Yup

That particular poster is very quick to demand that a thread topic stays on topic, but has no problem veering off into other topics on uncomfortable for her threads, herself

No surprise there.  It is what hypocrites do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Which is what makes it a strawman.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Oh you most certainly did

In case you forgot, this is you, quoted, on this very thread

“However, permit me to offer some friendly advice:  prepare to "gird your loins" ---- DeSantis cannot hide forever.”

I’ve never seen any post from Major even remotely suggesting RDS should be allowed to hide from his record

But if you have seen otherwise, feel free to post his claim here

Where did I attribute the statement to anyone? @LMAO

@Maj. Bill Martin

Online Hoodat

@Maj. Bill Martin

QED

Offline LMAO

QED

Yup

Sometimes the more they post, the more they prove other’s points happy77
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 09:46:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Which is what makes it a strawman.

Not attributing a statement to someone else makes it my opinion.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Am I supposed to GAF about this tidbit of news?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: