General Category > Crime And Punishment

Gunman kills 6 in horrific murder-suicide: Wife feared he would ‘get drunk and shoot me’

(1/1)

Kamaji:
Gunman kills 6 in horrific murder-suicide: Wife feared he would ‘get drunk and shoot me’

By Marjorie Hernandez
June 16, 2023

A Tennessee man went on a violent rampage, murdering his estranged wife, her daughter and three kids after she warned a court he had “50 to 60 guns” and was afraid he would “get drunk and shoot me.”

Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told TV station Local 3 that Gary Barnett, 48, who owned the home in Marion County where the shooting took place, was one of the three adults found inside the burning home around 9 p.m. Thursday.

Sheriff Bo Burnett confirmed Barnett, who had worked in the machine tool industry, was the one who shot and killed his wife, Regina, her daughter Britney and her two kids — before turning the gun on himself.

Regina, who worked at the Seymour handle factory, had filed for a restraining order against her husband a month ago, according to court records.

In court documents, Regina wrote: “My soon to be (ex) husband threatened to shoot me and he verbally abuses me every day. He also threatened to shoot my dog.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/16/gary-barnett-ided-as-shooter-who-left-6-including-3-kids-dead/

Smokin Joe:
How many guns he had is irrelevant.

Really.

What is not irrelevant is what he did with the gun(s) used in the crime.

I seriously doubt he used them all, or even more than 3% of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version