Author Topic: Gunman kills 6 in horrific murder-suicide: Wife feared he would ‘get drunk and shoot me’  (Read 229 times)

Offline Kamaji

Gunman kills 6 in horrific murder-suicide: Wife feared he would ‘get drunk and shoot me’

By Marjorie Hernandez
June 16, 2023

A Tennessee man went on a violent rampage, murdering his estranged wife, her daughter and three kids after she warned a court he had “50 to 60 guns” and was afraid he would “get drunk and shoot me.”

Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told TV station Local 3 that Gary Barnett, 48, who owned the home in Marion County where the shooting took place, was one of the three adults found inside the burning home around 9 p.m. Thursday.

Sheriff Bo Burnett confirmed Barnett, who had worked in the machine tool industry, was the one who shot and killed his wife, Regina, her daughter Britney and her two kids — before turning the gun on himself.

Regina, who worked at the Seymour handle factory, had filed for a restraining order against her husband a month ago, according to court records.

In court documents, Regina wrote: “My soon to be (ex) husband threatened to shoot me and he verbally abuses me every day. He also threatened to shoot my dog.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/16/gary-barnett-ided-as-shooter-who-left-6-including-3-kids-dead/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many guns he had is irrelevant.

Really.

What is not irrelevant is what he did with the gun(s) used in the crime.

I seriously doubt he used them all, or even more than 3% of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis