Author Topic: Photos: Anybody buying that 'Pride' merchandise at Target?  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Photos: Anybody buying that 'Pride' merchandise at Target?
« on: June 16, 2023, 02:59:59 pm »
June 16, 2023
Photos: Anybody buying that 'Pride' merchandise at Target?
By Monica Showalter

Late last December, while shopping at Target, I noticed something peculiar about the wrapping paper in Christmas clearance merchandise: Nobody was buying the gay pride-themed items, despite the fact that they were marked down to 90 cents a roll.

Now that there's been a hullaballoo at Target over its aggressive merchandising of LGBTQ+ promotional items, which drove its stock down for a period, and forced it to move its prominent displays in some outlets, how are those sales going?

Well, on a visit to Target on Balboa Avenue in San Diego on May 30, where the merchandise had just been pulled back from immediate visibility and the controversy was roaring, store traffic appeared normal, but there were lots of fully stocked LGBTQ+ merchandise displays throughout the store in different departments that didn't seem to be drawing buyers. I took pictures of these here:

many more here
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/06/photos_anybody_buying_that_pride_merchandise_at_target.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Photos: Anybody buying that 'Pride' merchandise at Target?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 03:05:09 pm »
I find the tuck swimwear to be quite comfortable.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 03:09:46 pm »

Really?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 03:16:30 pm »

:silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 04:35:25 pm »
Coming soon to a landfill near you. Assuming homeless shelters can't give them away.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 04:52:09 pm »

It gave me a bent carrot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 05:09:28 pm »
UPDATE

Will Hild
@WillHild
JUST IN: Target's latest hire is a "Pride Strategist" — who's been hired to bring a "whole new LGBT spirit to Christmas."
In a statement he said: "Time to whip out the ... Glitter & Hellfire ... flamethrowers and rip that old world to shreds darlings."
Washington Examiner
Target's newest pride strategist bringing a whole new LGBT spirit to Christmas
by Luke Gentile, Social Media Producer
November 16, 2023 11:01 AM

Gay Santas and LGBT-themed nutcrackers are set to line the shelves at Target this Christmas season as the retail giant makes another foray into the world of pride merchandise.

Erik Thompson, who markets himself as a "Senior LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist & Pride Lead," is Target's latest leader for multicultural merchandising.

He announced his partnership with Target earlier this week in an Instagram post, citing the backlash and drop in sales that the retailer endured as a result of its Pride month merchandise featuring a "tuck-friendly" swimsuit.

"Honored to get to start a new body of work and lead Target's LGBTQIA+ multicultural merchandising strategy and Pride businesses for the company and the LGBTQIA+ & Allied communities across the the [sic] nation," Thompson, who goes by the username "gaycruella" on Instagram, said in the caption.

"Time to whip out the ... Glitter & Hellfire ... flamethrowers and rip that old world to shreds darlings."   ...
Yeah, you'll see hellfire soon enough, bud.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 05:25:46 pm »
Might be a good stock to short sell. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 05:38:40 pm »
Target lost my business years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-