Author Topic: THIS IS WHAT MADE THE MP7 SEAL TEAM 6’S FAVORITE PDW  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THIS IS WHAT MADE THE MP7 SEAL TEAM 6’S FAVORITE PDW
« on: June 16, 2023, 10:56:18 am »
THIS IS WHAT MADE THE MP7 SEAL TEAM 6’S FAVORITE PDW
Travis Pike | June 8, 2023

The elite SEAL Team 6, aka DEVGRU, is a team of extraordinary operators that conducts some of the most secretive and clandestine operations the world never knows about. Their secrets are many, but on occasion, we get glimpses of their guns and gear. Today we are tackling the MP7.

The MP7 is best described as a PDW (personal defense weapon) — but could also be considered an SMG. The PDW concept came out of a NATO requirement in the 1990s. Originally, NATO wanted a lightweight, shoulder-fired weapon, for non-combat troops, that would be more than a pistol but smaller than a rifle. FN and HK created the P90 and MP7, respectively. While NATO’s PDW project never got off the ground, both guns had buyers, with the famed SEAL Team 6 purchasing the MP7.

The MP7 is a selective-fire SMG/PDW that fires from a box magazine. The MP7 is incredibly compact at only 25 inches long with the stock deployed. The stock features a collapsing-style minimalist design that’s very simple. It doesn’t provide much support or much of a cheek weld, but it’s better than nothing. With the stock collapsed, the MP7 looks more like a big pistol than an SMG and can be fired like a pistol.

Outside of being short, the gun weighs only 4.63 pounds in its modern configuration. The barrel is 7.1 inches long, and the gun is two inches wide.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/this-is-what-made-the-mp7-seal-team-6s-favorite-pdw/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson