Author Topic: NEW NAVY REPORT REVEALS RARE SEAL TRAINING ATTRITION DATA  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NEW NAVY REPORT REVEALS RARE SEAL TRAINING ATTRITION DATA
« on: June 16, 2023, 10:52:44 am »
NEW NAVY REPORT REVEALS RARE SEAL TRAINING ATTRITION DATA
Frumentarius | June 1, 2023

The Navy this month released its report on the investigation into the post-Hell Week death of Seaman Kyle Mullen during Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training in February 2022. Within the report, BUD/S attrition data — data that is rarely made public — was included. The data was also used to highlight the fact that attrition had spiked in the timeframe leading up to Mullen’s Class 352. This data rarely makes its way into the open press in such an authoritative format.

According to the report, the Navy SEAL community is currently comprised of approximately 3,000+ active duty SEALs, as well as 780+ Special Warfare Combatant Crewmen (SWCCs). The rest of the approximately 10,000 total people that make up Naval Special Warfare Command (NSWC) are active duty combat support personnel, reservists, and civilians.

Each year, according to the report, there are 888 candidates in BUD/S, including officers and enlisted, and “looks to graduate” 175. That is a prescribed goal of graduating 20% of those who start BUD/S. It also translates to an expected 80% attrition rate.

Presently, an average of 148 candidates begin each BUD/S class, and five or six classes run per year.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/new-navy-report-reveals-rare-seal-training-attrition-data/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: NEW NAVY REPORT REVEALS RARE SEAL TRAINING ATTRITION DATA
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 11:58:46 am »
100 men we will test today
but only 3 for the Green Beret.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.