Author Topic: AMERICA’S MASSIVE MILITARY ADVANTAGE NOBODY TALKS ABOUT: 500+ REFUELING AIRCRAFT  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICA’S MASSIVE MILITARY ADVANTAGE NOBODY TALKS ABOUT: 500+ REFUELING AIRCRAFT
Alex Hollings | June 14, 2023

There’s no debate that the United States has the largest Air Force in the world, but when people discuss America’s various military advantages, one of the most important ones often goes unnoticed: the country’s massive fleets of refueling aircraft.

In fact, the United States operates so many refueling aircraft that it not only has far more than any other country… it actually has more than all countries on the planet… combined.

According to the numbers tallied by GlobalFirePower.com for 2023, the United States military collectively operates as many as 568 refueling aircraft — or 546 more than number two, Saudi Arabia, with 22. France and Russia tie for the number three spot with 19 tankers, and Israel rounds out the top five national tanker fleets with just 11.

Related: Fighter pilot breakdown: Aerial refueling

Why are refueling aircraft important? Global reach and a whole lot more

Since the very first days of aviation, aircraft design has required a constant balance between weight and range. Long-distance flight requires mechanically efficient engines, aerodynamically sound aircraft designs, and of course, lots of room for fuel storage.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/americas-massive-military-advantage-nobody-talks-about-500-refueling-aircraft/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just what kind of advantage is it to have all these tankers if the planes they refuel don't work? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson