Author Topic: Amazing Facts About The World's Most Astonishing Aircraft Carriers  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Amazing Facts About The World's Most Astonishing Aircraft Carriers
Story by Jackson Sawa • Yesterday 9:13 AM
Nimitz Class: United States

3 of 21 Photos in Gallery The Nimitz Class is a massive ship with the first of its class being put into commission in May 1975. There are ten of them in total with the last being deployed in January 2009. Each of the ships is given a lifetime of 50 years with each expected to have at least one mid-life overhaul. It can carry around 97,000 tons, which equates to around 60 aircraft. With 3,200 sailors, 1,500 airmen, and 500 other crew, the ship reaches 20 stories above sea level. Powered by two nuclear reactors, the ship can reach a speed of 30 knots.

3 of 21 Photos in Gallery©Matt Cardy/Getty Images

Nimitz Class: United States
The Nimitz Class is a massive ship with the first of its class being put into commission in May 1975. There are ten of them in total with the last being deployed in January 2009. Each of the ships is given a lifetime of 50 years with each expected to have at least one mid-life overhaul.

It can carry around 97,000 tons, which equates to around 60 aircraft. With 3,200 sailors, 1,500 airmen, and 500 other crew, the ship reaches 20 stories above sea level. Powered by two nuclear reactors, the ship can reach a speed of 30 knots.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/amazing-facts-about-the-world-s-most-astonishing-aircraft-carriers/ss-AA1agXXH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=665d47af3a024747909020af183245de&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Amazing Facts About The World's Most Astonishing Aircraft Carriers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 11:30:52 am »