Author Topic: A Birthday Wishlist for the U.S. Army  (Read 113 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Birthday Wishlist for the U.S. Army
« on: June 14, 2023, 04:26:52 pm »
A Birthday Wishlist for the U.S. Army
By Darin Gaub
June 13, 2023

Please Follow us on Gab, Minds, Telegram, Rumble, Gab TV, Truth Social, Gettr, Twitter

It is the U.S. Army’s 248th birthday, time to make a wish and blow out the candles.

Not long after America’s Revolutionary War began in April 1775, an appeal was made to all thirteen states to join in the struggle for American liberty. The result was the delegates of the Second Continental Congress meeting in Philadelphia. They would soon learn that Ethan Allen and Benedict Arnold had already captured critical British forts – the pursuit of a peaceful settlement was over and open war was upon them. Some still desired reconciliation, but they also recognized that the colonies still lacked an organized army and they needed to move fast to build one in time.

On June 14, 1775, Congress resolved to build companies of riflemen in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia. They also wrote an oath of enlistment. The next day George Washington was appointed to command the Continental forces and to lay the foundation for an American army.

When they appointed Washington, the delegates wrote the language that looks familiar to all who have served and have ever been promoted in rank.

https://armedforces.press/a-birthday-wishlist-for-the-u-s-army/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson