Author Topic: ECOTERRORISM CLAIM: Explosive ammonium nitrate stolen from California-bound train may have been used  (Read 608 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ECOTERRORISM CLAIM: Explosive ammonium nitrate stolen from California-bound train may have been used to ignite Canada wildfires
Tuesday, June 13, 2023 by: Arsenio Toledo

(Natural News) The wildfires sweeping through much of Canada’s pristine forests may have been intentionally set off using 60,000 pounds of explosive ammonium nitrate that went missing from a train bound for California last month.

This is according to analysts, including Josh Sigurdson of “World Alternative Media,” who presented evidence strongly pointing toward the possibility that the fires were a premeditated act of arson.

“This makes a lot of people wonder exactly what is going on and who benefits,” noted Sigurdson.

Most of the world’s attention has been focused on the more than 400 wildfires engulfing the eastern Canadian province of Quebec. The smoke and particulate matter from there were blown south toward New England and much of the American East Coast.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-06-13-ammonium-nitrate-stolen-from-train-canada-wildfires.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Problem is leftists in govt will give their leftist terrorist fifth column groups cover and never investigate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

"NaturalNews"? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Unsurprisingly, this evidence-free conspiracy theory has a very basic problem, as can be seen by comparing maps of the location of the fires and Canada's rail network:

https://www.timesunion.com/projects/2023/canadian-wildfires-map/

https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-services/transparency/corporate-management-reporting/transportation-canada-annual-reports/canada-s-rail-network

The fires are in remote areas beyond Canada's rail network. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

I thought it was reported that lightning was the likely cause.

Online andy58-in-nh

"NaturalNews"? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Unsurprisingly, this evidence-free conspiracy theory has a very basic problem, as can be seen by comparing maps of the location of the fires and Canada's rail network:

https://www.timesunion.com/projects/2023/canadian-wildfires-map/

https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-services/transparency/corporate-management-reporting/transportation-canada-annual-reports/canada-s-rail-network

The fires are in remote areas beyond Canada's rail network. Unsurprisingly.

I have come to call it "Unnatural News".  It comes delivered right to your door, in its original tin foil wrapper. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

I thought it was reported that lightning was the likely cause.

Yeah... It's bullcrap. Stealing a carload of fertilizer only to cut it up and smuggle it across the CA border, just to start fires in the wilderness? A half a can of gas and a matchstick would do as well. Hell, I could start those fires with a stick and a shoestring.

Meh.

I'd be looking for something with a whole lot more BOOM...

Online Kamaji

Why would one need ammonium nitrate - which is hard to get and hard to transport without raising questions, especially across an international border - when one could simply buy a hundred gallons of gasoline, or kerosene, or other accelerant, at a local store and use that?

This claim doesn't pass the smell test or Occam's Razor.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ammonium nitrate combined in the correct proportion with fuel oil is explosive. Is ammonium nitrate by itself flammable? As for possibly being flammable when combined with fuel oil, if Hypothetical Arsonist has fuel oil, why would Hypothetical Arsonist need ammonium nitrate to execute their arson?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

Ammonium nitrate combined in the correct proportion with fuel oil is explosive. Is ammonium nitrate by itself flammable? As for possibly being flammable when combined with fuel oil, if Hypothetical Arsonist has fuel oil, why would Hypothetical Arsonist need ammonium nitrate to execute their arson?

Good point.

According to a quickie search, ammonium nitrate will not burn on its own; it acts as an oxidizer and provides oxygen to cause other materials to burn.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good point.

According to a quickie search, ammonium nitrate will not burn on its own; it acts as an oxidizer and provides oxygen to cause other materials to burn.

The largest industrial accident in the history of this country (Texas City, Texas) involved ammonium nitrate and happened because the first responders on scene made some very bad choices in trying to deal with the fires.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

The largest industrial accident in the history of this country (Texas City, Texas) involved ammonium nitrate and happened because the first responders on scene made some very bad choices in trying to deal with the fires.

It's certainly not something to mess around with, that's for sure.  That being said, it's highly unlikely that anyone stole 60k pounds - 30 tons - of the stuff in the U.S., ferreted it over the border and into Canada, and then used it to start forest fires in Canada.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Ammonium nitrate doesn't burn. But it does oxidize. Which would give an acceleratant more effectiveness. Most likely only in an enclosed environment. Transporting it out to BFC to start fires is completely ridiculous
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's certainly not something to mess around with, that's for sure.  That being said, it's highly unlikely that anyone stole 60k pounds - 30 tons - of the stuff in the U.S., ferreted it over the border and into Canada, and then used it to start forest fires in Canada.

:yowsa: No disagreement from me about that.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ammonium nitrate doesn't burn. But it does oxidize. Which would give an acceleratant more effectiveness. Most likely only in an enclosed environment. Transporting it out to BFC to start fires is completely ridiculous

The Texas City, Texas incident mentioned above was caused by sailors on the ship involved trying to put out fires they thought were burning in the ship's hold by dogging down the hatches.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 07:38:20 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien