Author Topic: DHS Inspector General Sees Border Patrol Burnout; Mayorkas Says No Problem  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Inspector General Sees Border Patrol Burnout; Mayorkas Says No Problem
June 14, 2023

Recent interviews or survey responses from 9,311 border enforcement personnel found agents “overworked and unable to perform their primary law-enforcement duties.” But the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) flatly rejected its own Inspector General’s recommendation for an independent investigation of deteriorating morale in the ranks.

Last week, Inspector General (IG) Joseph Cuffari testified at a House Oversight subcommittee that the Biden administration has essentially relegated U.S. border agents to “providing care and welfare services” for illegal aliens.

Cuffari said DHS has tasked agents with carrying out the administration’s catch-and-release program which includes a parole pipeline, which has released millions of migrants into the country. This task has redirected Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel from their assigned law-enforcement duties.

“Nearly half of the CBP personnel who completed our survey indicated … they were required to take on responsibilities outside their normal duties at their work location,” the IG’s report stated last month. These assignments had nothing to do with actual border enforcement but instead involved shuffling papers and keeping migrant queues moving.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/06/14/dhs-inspector-general-sees-border-patrol-burnout-mayorkas-says-no-problem
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas is simply leading the immigration version of defund the police, get them to quit. :#@$%:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson