Author Topic: Inflation fell to 1.1% in May in producer price index  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation fell to 1.1% in May in producer price index
« on: June 14, 2023, 01:01:33 pm »
Inflation fell to 1.1% in May in producer price index
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
June 14, 2023 08:33 AM

Inflation fell to a 1.1% annual rate in May, as measured by the producer price index.

On a month-to-month basis, the wholesale price index declined by 0.3%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Wednesday morning — some more encouraging inflation news a day after another key inflation report came back better than expected.

The decrease is an indication that inflationary pressures are abating in the face of the Federal Reserve’s campaign to slow economywide spending by hiking interest rates.

While the headline PPI numbers show wholesale inflation running at a healthy level, core inflation, which strips out movement in volatile food, energy, and transportation, is still hotter than is healthy. It clocked in at a 2.8% annual rate in May.

Wednesday’s PPI report comes a day after the consumer price index, which is even more closely watched, was released. The CPI fell to a 4% annual rate, a downward revision from the prior report. The annual CPI inflation rate has been trending down since peaking last June and is now running at the lowest level since March 2021, right around when the country’s inflationary woes first began.

That 4% inflation is still about double what the Fed sees as healthy.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-fell-to-1-1-in-may-in-producer-price-index
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Inflation fell to 1.1% in May in producer price index
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 01:02:09 pm »
That's not what my grocery bill is saying.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 01:26:31 pm »
Boy isn't that the truth!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 01:28:33 pm »

This is the problem of government numbers versus average people’s experience

Government can cite all the numbers they want. Until average people see it for real in their daily lives, the administration’s celebration doesn’t matter
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy