General Category > Crime And Punishment

PA woman’s ‘heinous’ messages to estranged boyfriend led to his suicide

(1/2) > >>

Kamaji:
Pennsylvania woman’s ‘heinous’ messages to estranged boyfriend led to his suicide: DA

By David Propper
June 13, 2023

A Pennsylvania woman pushed her estranged boyfriend to kill himself with a series of vicious texts and shameless video of her having sex with another man, prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

Mandie Reusch, 35, was charged in the twisted case that started two years ago when Kevin Metzger committed suicide after he received “heinous and graphic” messages from her, according to the Westmoreland County District Attorney’s Office.

Metzger penned a suicide letter and posted on Facebook about the steady stream of tormenting messages before he took his own life at the age of 37, District Attorney Nicole Ziccarelli said in a statement.

“Mr. Metzger may still be here today if those messages did not influence and encourage him to take his own life,” she said in a statement.

The former couple shared a child, according to reports.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/mandie-reusch-accused-of-driving-kevin-metzger-to-suicide/

mountaineer:
This one gives me pause. Is she really responsible for his actions?
Here's local coverage:
--- Quote ---Police charge South Greensburg woman with goading estranged boyfriend into suicide
Jeff Himler | Tuesday, June 13, 2023 3:55 p.m.

A South Greensburg woman is charged with aiding suicide, stemming from the death of a former boyfriend whom she is accused of urging to take his own life in repeated harassing messages.

Police said the messages were graphic in content and were sent using a mobile app between May 5 and June 18, 2021, while the defendant, Mandie Rose Reusch, 35, was living in Irwin. She also is charged with harassment.

At the time, according to a complaint filed by state police, Reusch had an “on-and-off relationship” with the boyfriend, who listed her Irwin address as his home and was storing personal items there.

According to police, Reusch also sent the boyfriend messages and a video taunting him about her involvement with another man. The messages included threats that the boyfriend would “never ever see” again a child they shared, police said.

In one of the messages, according to court documents, Reusch expressed hope the boyfriend would kill himself and said their child “would be better off not even knowing you.”

Reusch said in another message to the boyfriend, according to police, “I hope you kill yourself. I’m getting (the child) a new dad this weekend.” ...

The boyfriend reported the messages and video on May 8, 2021, to Irwin police. An Irwin officer instructed Reusch to stop sending inappropriate messages to the boyfriend, but the messages continued, according to court documents.

Irwin police filed harassment charges against Reusch on June 3, 2021, but the charges ultimately were withdrawn after the boyfriend committed suicide about two weeks later, state police said. ...
--- End quote ---
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Wingnut:
Any guy who off's himself over a women has much deeper mental issues. 

Fishrrman:
I see "crazy" in those eyes...

berdie:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on June 14, 2023, 12:53:17 pm ---Any guy who off's himself over a women has much deeper mental issues.

--- End quote ---

Suicide is not generally caused by an outside party. It is a rule a matter of self worth and escape.

This woman shouldn't have encouraged it but I'm not sure it is a prosecutable offence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version