Author Topic: Josh Hawley presses Biden energy secretary over false testimony about stock purchases  (Read 193 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 June 13, 2023 2:19pm EDT
Josh Hawley presses Biden energy secretary over false testimony about stock purchases
'Three times you told me, and this committee, that you did not own individual stocks,' Sen Josh Hawley wrote to Secretary Granholm

By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., is probing Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm in response to her quiet admission last week that she misled him about her stock ownership.

In a letter Tuesday morning, Hawley criticized Granholm for her misleading comments made in response to his questions during a Senate Energy and Natural Resource Committee hearing on April 20 and added she owed an "immediate and complete explanation." Granholm sent a letter to committee leadership Friday afternoon, acknowledging that she owned individual stocks despite testifying to the contrary.

"No, I’m invested in mutual funds," Granholm testified in April when Hawley asked whether she owned individual stocks. "I’m not owning individual stocks."

She also told Hawley during the exchange that she "would not object" to legislation he has authored banning federal officials and lawmakers from trading stocks.

However, in her letter Friday, Granholm said she actually maintained shares of six companies at the time of her testimony. On May 18, shortly after discovering that she still owned the shares, the energy secretary said she divested from the six companies. Granholm didn't say in the letter which companies she had owned shares of, but vowed to share that information in an upcoming disclosure.

In addition, Granholm said she discovered on May 13 that her husband Daniel Mulhern owned $2,457.89 worth of shares in Ford Motor Company. Those shares were then sold on May 15, a Monday, when the stock market opened. She also failed to disclose those shares in her two prior annual disclosures and had mistakenly believed her family's divestiture of Ford was complete in early 2021.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/josh-hawley-presses-biden-energy-secretary-false-testimony-stock-purchases
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's about time she got pressed about her BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien