Author Topic: GOP senator introduces plan to disarm IRS agents  (Read 255 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator introduces plan to disarm IRS agents
« on: June 13, 2023, 07:45:01 pm »

GOP senator introduces plan to disarm IRS agents

"The taxman is fully loaded and funded by the taxpayer," Ernst said.

By Ben Whedon

Updated: June 13, 2023 - 3:39pm

Iowa Republican Sen. Joni Ernst on Tuesday introduced a bill to bar the Internal Revenue Service from owning any firearms or ammunition.

The bill would establish a 120 grace period upon its enaction by the end of which the IRS must transfer all guns and ammo in its possession to the General Services Administration. It would further bar the IRS from purchasing new firearms or ammunition.

"The taxman is fully loaded and funded by the taxpayer," Ernst told the Washington Examiner. The lawmaker indicated that she feared the Biden administration may seek to weaponize the agency and that her measure was a preventative step against such an effort.

"It’s concerning how the Biden administration has worked to expand the size of the IRS, and even more concerning that the IRS is using taxpayer dollars to arms its agents," she told the outlet. "I’m working to disarm the IRS to prevent any further weaponization of this federal agency. It’s time to end this abuse of power and tax dollars."

Under the Inflation Reduction Act, Congress allocated $71.5 billion for the agency to hire additional agents and crack down on tax cheats, though Republican detractors have warned that the agency may come after middle income earners with those resources.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/gop-senator-introduces-plan-disarm-irs-agents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: GOP senator introduces plan to disarm IRS agents
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 07:46:21 pm »
So how does the good Senator expect the IRS criminal division to protect itself if/when it must go after a violent criminal who is evading taxes?

This is a rather silly bill.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 07:50:56 pm »
So how does the good Senator expect the IRS criminal division to protect itself if/when it must go after a violent criminal who is evading taxes?

U. S. Marshals

This is a rather silly bill.

I don't think so! Every chickenshit agency of the federal government is not entitled to their own personal police force!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:57:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 08:01:32 pm »
U. S. Marshals

I don't think so! Every chickenshit agency of the federal government is not entitled to their own personal police force!

Ok.  So we expand the U.S. Marshals.

No savings there, and most likely an increase in expenses overall.  Still a silly bill.

Alternatively, we deputize the IRS CID special agents as U.S. Marshals, and then permanently assign them back to the IRS.  Still a silly bill, with additional expense.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 08:08:16 pm »
Ok.  So we expand the U.S. Marshals.

No savings there, and most likely an increase in expenses overall.  Still a silly bill.

Alternatively, we deputize the IRS CID special agents as U.S. Marshals, and then permanently assign them back to the IRS.  Still a silly bill, with additional expense.

Not in my book but you are certainly entitled to your opinions.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 08:08:40 pm »
Not in my book but you are certainly entitled to your opinions.

Okey-dokey.