Author Topic: Pentagon Trains Ukrainian War-Crimes Prosecutors—As Lawmakers Press for More  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon Trains Ukrainian War-Crimes Prosecutors—As Lawmakers Press for More
Congress wants the Defense Department to send intel to the international court.
SAM SKOVE | JUNE 12, 2023 06:37 PM ET

The Defense Department and other U.S. agencies are helping Ukraine identify Russian war crimes, a top Ukrainian prosecutor said—even as they resist pressure from Congress to release related intelligence to the International Criminal Court.

The aid is indirect, and comes largely in the form of efforts to train Ukrainian prosecutors to collect evidence for themselves, said Deputy Prosecutor General Oleksii Khomenko. Among the skills imparted by U.S. active duty and reserve troops is analyzing rocket impacts.

“We’ve visited the FBI, the Pentagon, and the Justice Department,” Khomenko added.

But Congress is pressing the military to do more—specifically, to share evidence with the International Criminal Court, ICC, about Russia’s potential involvement in war crimes. Last week, Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., led a group of 23 Democrat and Republican representatives in encouraging the White House to do just that.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/06/pentagon-trains-ukrainian-war-crimes-prosecutors-lawmakers-press-more/387446/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why doesn't Biden just bribe the international court?  It would save a lot of time and money! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson