Author Topic: Harris gets her cavalry: Top group plans to spend $10 million-plus to boost her  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Harris gets her cavalry: Top group plans to spend $10 million-plus to boost her

EMILY’s List has big plans to defend the vice president before the election.

By Eugene Daniels

06/11/2023 07:00 AM EDT

One of the nation’s most powerful political groups tasked with helping female candidates is readying a massive investment to improve Kamala Harris’ public standing.

EMILY’s List, the political action committee whose aim is to elect female candidates supportive of abortion rights, says it will be spending “tens of millions of dollars” to defend and prop up the vice president during the 2024 election.

Such an investment in support of a sitting vice president is politically unprecedented. And it reflects the lack of broader efforts that have been made to date to help bolster the vice president amid persistently low approval ratings.

It also underscores the growing recognition that Harris may play an outsized role in what is sure to be a tough election. Republican presidential candidates have made it clear they will be using the specter of a Harris presidency as a way to hurt Joe Biden’s chances at reelection, particularly by raising questions about his age and capacity for the job.

“She is a boogeyman that Republicans can [and will] use when it comes to pushing their message,” a senior Republican strategist said, speaking anonymously to discuss election season strategy frankly. “A President Harris would be even worse than a President Biden because she campaigned as a progressive fighter and had to moderate herself when she became Biden’s running mate. And to be completely frank, she’s smart. She’s an accomplished prosecutor. She was a United States senator. And she does have the resume to match.”

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/11/kamala-harris-emilys-list-pac-00101400
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Are the Obama's making their move?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

From whom does she need independent protection?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
From whom does she need independent protection?
From herself?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Top group plans to spend $10 million-plus to boost her"

Sumpin' tells me they ain't gonna get their money's worth...

Offline LMAO

"Top group plans to spend $10 million-plus to boost her"

Sumpin' tells me they ain't gonna get their money's worth...

Lol..no

They could spend 10 trillion and it wont help her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy