Author Topic: Plan to relocate migrants from former YMCA to Daley College placed on hold  (Read 309 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Plan to relocate migrants from former YMCA to Daley College placed on hold
By NBC Chicago Staff and Christian Farr • Published June 11, 2023 • Updated 6 hours ago

A plan to move hundreds of migrants who arrived in Chicago to the city’s Richard J. Daley College was delayed on Sunday. NBC 5’s Christian Farr reports.

A plan to move hundreds of migrants, who previously arrived in Chicago from the U.S.-Mexico border, to the city's Richard J. Daley College was delayed on Sunday.

Mayor Brandon Johnson's office released a statement, saying the decision was made not to move migrants from the shuttered High Ridge YMCA on the city's North Side to the college in West Lawn.

“After careful consideration of the impact this would have on asylum-seeking families and the overall mission, and to provide more time for planning….The City has decided to postpone moving migrant families from High Ridge YMCA to Daley today," the statement read.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/plan-to-relocate-migrants-to-daley-college-placed-on-hold/3159381/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
C'mon man
It's fun to stay at the YMCA

They have everything for you men to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
C'mon man

Maybe they could rename the site the Young Mexican's Cartel Association.

Offline Kamaji

C'mon man