Author Topic: First Marine Corps Tomahawk Cruise Missile Unit Has Stood Up  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First Marine Corps Tomahawk Cruise Missile Unit Has Stood Up
The Marine Corps is aiming to have a fully operational battalion armed with ground-launched Tomahawk cruise missiles by 2030.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED JUN 7, 2023 4:07 PM EDT

The U.S. Marine Corps has formally activated its first unit that will be equipped with ground-launched Tomahawk cruise missiles. The Marines are currently in the process of determining exactly how this unit will be equipped and employed, but the service expects to have a fully operational Tomahawk-armed battalion before the end of the decade.

Cathy Close, a spokesperson for the Marine Corps' Combat Development and Integration (CD&I) Command, confirmed that this unit stood up earlier this year and provided additional details about it to The War Zone. The initial Long Range Missile (LMSL) battery is officially designated as Battery A, 11th Marine Regiment, and is currently based at Camp Pendleton in California.

Currently, "the first LMSL battery... is working to refine tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with the employment of this unique capability," according to Close. "We expect the [LMSL] battalion to reach full operational capability no later than fiscal year 2030."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/first-marine-corps-tomahawk-cruise-missile-unit-has-stood-up
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: First Marine Corps Tomahawk Cruise Missile Unit Has Stood Up
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 01:50:07 pm »
It will take 6-7 years to figure out what to do with it?  Why the rush? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson