Author Topic: Extremist Left Claims Only Nazis Want To Teach Children Grammar And Patriotism  (Read 236 times)

Offline Kamaji

Extremist Left Claims Only Nazis Want To Teach Children Grammar And Patriotism

The Washington Post claims using the colors ‘red, white, and blue’ and pictures of the American founders is a racist dog whistle.

BY: JOY PULLMANN
JUNE 12, 2023

The Washington Post’s Valerie Strauss is at it again: amplifying far-left partisans in their war on quality education for American kids. On June 8, she wrote about a report claiming schools that use a classics-based curriculum are vanguards of “right-wing Christian nationalism.”

Schools that emphasize personal virtue, English grammar, classic literature, patriotism, original source-based history, traditional and rigorous math and science, and classical artistic training are “designed to attract Christian nationalists with specific imagery and curriculum,” Strauss slanderously claims. I’m not making this up: She and the report claim the American colors of “red, white, and blue” and pictures of the American founders are racist dog whistles.

Such imagery on the schools’ websites is “designed to attract White conservative families,” Strauss says, citing the report. The implicit bigotry is appalling — assuming some people wouldn’t be interested in patriotic ideas simply because of their skin color. Who’s the racist: people who think American patriotism has a skin color or people who don’t?

Strauss and the report she’s citing also attack schools that promote virtuous behavior to their students, because “values” and “virtues” “stand as shorthand for quoted scripture.” We can’t have kids learning about the deep religious beliefs that created their unprecedented equality, liberty, and opportunity, now, could we? That would be horrible! They might, you know, shovel driveways for the elderly, stay faithful to their spouses, and donate their time and money to charity!

What she really means is that only the left should be allowed to shape people’s minds. That’s what this report and article are really about: boxing out of public education anyone who doesn’t think exactly like politically extremist teachers union leaders do.

This is another illustration of the reality that today’s left doesn’t believe in sharing the public square, public funds, or anything else with people who don’t parrot their views. This is why leftist-run schools don’t educate, they indoctrinate: You can’t educate without conversation.

Monologues are not conversation. Conversation is not shouting down ideas, banning them, or slandering them. That’s why suddenly conservatives are the only ones who believe in free speech, honoring our country’s fathers and mothers, and educating without indoctrinating: The left has abandoned these common goods in the pursuit of political power.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/12/extremist-left-claims-only-nazis-want-to-teach-children-grammar-and-patriotism/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My sophmore high school English Composition teacher was a Stalinist Grammarian.

As for the America-haters, Communist Cuba is just a short flight or boat trip away.

Rich bastid whackjobs on both sides are trying to re-engineer American society.  The extreme Right gives us the Taxas Taliban.  The extreme left gives Gay Mardi-Gras celebrations at children's libraries.

I want none of it.  Just leave me alone so I can enjoy the Depolarable paradise that is my life.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

Will Valerie Strauss volunteer to have her and her family's doctors be ignorami? You, practice what she preaches.?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because grammar and patriotism is antithetical to today's deconstructionist Marxist. Gets in the way of revolution and violent overthrow of govt.
The Republic is lost.