Author Topic: State Coalition Sues to Block Biden CBP One Port Release Scheme, Illegal Parole Grants  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
State Coalition Sues to Block Biden CBP One Port Release Scheme, Illegal Parole Grants
CLAP rule ‘is an accounting exercise allowing the Administration to claim that illegal entries have decreased’

By Andrew R. Arthur on June 12, 2023
An 18-state coalition has filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota to block the Biden administration’s efforts to funnel illegal migrants through the ports of entry. One element of that effort, the “CBP One app interview scheme” was officially implemented by a rule published on May 16 captioned “Circumvention of Lawful Pathways”, which my colleague George Fishman has abbreviated as the “CLAP Rule”. Another element, also included in the rule but underway for months, allows nationals of certain countries abroad to seek two-year grants of parole. As the complaint in the case (captioned Indiana v. Mayorkas) puts it, the rule “is an accounting exercise allowing” Biden “to claim that illegal entries have decreased. In reality, though, the [CLAP rule] will drastically incentivize increased illegal immigration into the United States and lead to an explosion in the population of unlawful alien residents in the States.”

“VNHC Parole Program” for Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, Haitians, and Cubans. A January 5 White House fact sheet titled “Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Border Enforcement Actions” explained:

Today, the Biden Administration is announcing it will extend the successful Venezuela parole process and expand it to nationals of Nicaragua, Haiti, and Cuba. Up to 30,000 individuals per month from these four countries, who have an eligible sponsor and pass vetting and background checks, can come to the United States for a period of two years and receive work authorization. Individuals who irregularly cross the Panama, Mexico, or U.S. border after the date of this announcement will be ineligible for the parole process and will be subject to expulsion to Mexico, which will accept returns of 30,000 individuals per month from these four countries who fail to use these new pathways.

https://cis.org/Arthur/State-Coalition-Sues-Block-Biden-CBP-One-Port-Release-Scheme-Illegal-Parole-Grants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson