Author Topic: Germany cutting back meat production to fight global warming  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany cutting back meat production to fight global warming
JAZZ SHAW 9:31 AM on November 21, 2022

Germany is still caught up in the demands of the climate change lobby to reduce its carbon footprint drastically in the coming years. One part of this initiative, similar to calls we’ve seen from activists in the United States, was a mandate to reduce all livestock on German farms by 50%. Farmers have been protesting the decision in the same way they recently did in the Netherlands this summer, but the initiative is moving forward beginning this year. Now, to the great surprise of nobody who has been paying attention, the German Meat Industry Association has reported that the country will be facing a severe meat shortage by the time spring arrives and consumers should expect prices to skyrocket, potentially doubling in some cases. It would appear that some people in the German government have never heard of something called the law of supply and demand. But at least they’re going to defeat global warming, right? (Financial Trends)

Die Welt, citing the German Meat Industry Association (VDF), reported this week that within the next four to six months Germany will face a meat shortage, and prices will skyrocket.

Hubert Kelliger, a VDF board member and head of group sales at meat seller Westfleisch said, “In four, five, six months we will have gaps on the shelves.”

Pork is expected to experience the worst shortages. The issues in meat supply are due to Berlin insisting on reducing the numbers of livestock by 50% to reduce global warming emissions. Experts are warning this policy will result in mass shutdown of meat-producing companies, and that will produce a 40% rise in the price of meat.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/21/germany-cutting-back-meat-production-to-fight-global-warming-n512518
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Germany cutting back meat production to fight global warming
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 11:28:58 am »
The stupid will continue until the pain is unbearable.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Germany cutting back meat production to fight global warming
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 01:14:34 pm »
Germany cutting back meat production to fight global warming starve the nation and usher in globalist elite, world govt dictatorship

Headline adjusted for improved accuracy.
The Republic is lost.