Author Topic: “This is the Final Battle. With You at My Side…” – Donald Trump Declares  (Read 15821 times)

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You yahoos continually whine about how Trump can't do anything right,but somehow  you  manage to ignore all the clusterbleeps YOUR favorite candidate that despite being a political insider,is going to change everything.

Nobody is making a claim that “candidate so-and-so is going to kick ass and take names” in Washington. We just know that Donald Trump in his four years did not despite the claim made by his supporters that he’s gonna go in and this time really do it

I vote for candidates that are ideologically aligned with me. That’s it. Beyond that, I make no claims or promises.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 01:23:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

Offline roamer_1

You yahoos continually whine about how Trump can't do anything right,but somehow  you  manage to ignore all the clusterbleeps YOUR favorite candidate that despite being a political insider,is going to change everything.

@sneakypete

That's not true.

I have some hope in DeSantis because he has a strong conservative record, and because he stands as a  symbolic leader in things I agree with... but I have little hope in anyone alone.

Cruz, likewise I suppose... Symbolically he was the point of the TEA Party spear - With massive turnover in states and localities, and growing power in Congress, invading the presidency was the cherry on top. Because we were installing a leader over an existing machine. It is the TEA Party, not Cruz or DeSantis.

But in BOTH cases - in ALL cases... it is relying upon a long standing coalition, and a lot of work spent building it... NOT a single person, ever.

Reagan is noted as the symbolic father of modern political Conservatism, but Reagan is the symbol. The THING is the Conservative Coalition. That's why when y'all hack on Reagan it has little effect. Reagan is just a symbolic shorthand for all that he stood upon. When I say 'Reagan', I mean all of that, and rarely the man.

I suppose that will be hard to understand, because all y'all are invested in the man. And that's a lot of why I cannot understand you. I only have ONE Messiah... And he ain't here yet. No other man deserves that kind of acclaim. No other man is worthy of that kind of faith.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sorry Donald, I'm not at your side this time.  The sideshow has gotten old for me.

He deserves a fair trial and due process. But the GOP and the country need to move on. This one person has been completely dominating political news for far too long. Enough already.

Offline kevindavis007

He deserves a fair trial and due process. But the GOP and the country need to move on. This one person has been completely dominating political news for far too long. Enough already.

Indeed..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline roamer_1

The thing that bugs me the most is that it isn't just a lack of decorum.  The guy is honestly ignorant.  I listen to him talk about his cases, or things he did, or some of his ideas, and I think "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about."  He did it again, just today, saying that his case should be dismissed because the prosecutor didn't tell the grand jury about what Hillary Clinton did, or about the Presidential Records Act.  That's just idiocy.

I'm sure that at some point, his lawyers sat him down and explained the general process of how a grand jury works, what they hear, etc..  It's inconceivable that they didn't.  So, either Trump is just too stupid to understand what they told him, or he simply doesn't care about the way things work because he expects the world to conform to the way he thinks.  Maybe his lawyers started explaining and he just tuned them out.  But that's common with him.  He has learned nothing about the Constitution or the way our government functions legally since he came down that escalator in 2015.  He's just...dumb.

I kinda get all that. He's a bombastic blowhard... and I think a grifter at heart. He's done alright for himself with it, but I don't think he has much else in the arsenal. His favorite play is a chaos con with a martyr con chaser. He throws all kinds of sh*t around and then bawls and points when someone has the temerity to throw sh*t back at him... He does it every_time. He's doing it now with the legal stuff in the press.

You'd think folks would finally catch on, but they don't.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Every time I see the title of this thread with Trump playing the drama queen, I throw up a bit in my mouth.

Biggest con man of the 21st century.

Offline berdie

Every time I see the title of this thread with Trump playing the drama queen, I throw up a bit in my mouth.

When ever I watch/read something Trump has said, it reminds me of watching The Music Man with Trump in the starring role as Harold Hill.

In 2016 I researched him. Believe it or not, I really didn't have much knowledge of him. IMHO, from that research, he is a salesman. None the less, I voted for him. Heck, ya never know, beats Hillary. Again, imho, he is still a salesman. He demagogues issues that we all want to change. Promising solutions. But nobody (general) seems to be asking "And how are you going to do that?"

Oh, yeah...we got trouble....right here....

Offline LMAO

The class envy never goes away, does it?

Lol...

Boom
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The class envy never goes away, does it?

lol..  pretty "sneaky" retort, I'd say.

Nothing like watching an orange circular firing squad is there?  Trump was a blank slate in '16. Now it is childish scribbliage.  I am actually am feeling sorry for their contingent being put on the front lines as cannon fodder as their orange illustrious general verbally misfires almost daily.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I vote for candidates that are ideologically aligned with me. That’s it. Beyond that, I make no claims or promises.

You mean $15T Freedom Cities,  Baby bonus incentives, and massive federal deficits aren't in your idelological wheelhouse?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

When ever I watch/read something Trump has said, it reminds me of watching The Music Man with Trump in the starring role as Harold Hill.

In 2016 I researched him. Believe it or not, I really didn't have much knowledge of him. IMHO, from that research, he is a salesman. None the less, I voted for him. Heck, ya never know, beats Hillary. Again, imho, he is still a salesman. He demagogues issues that we all want to change. Promising solutions. But nobody (general) seems to be asking "And how are you going to do that?"

Oh, yeah...we got trouble....right here....

Thanks for the Professor Harold Hill reference. I’ve thought the exact same thing many times.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Maj. Bill Martin

All of you CLAIM you want change,but you keep voting for the same criminals in office over and over.

They don't want change @sneakypete  ---- the mere thought of it scares the begeezus out of them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I LOL watching threads like this transition into a "I can insult Trump better" contest.  88devil

Bill, the vomit reference is such a new and, yes, refreshing touch, I just have to jump in here and vote for you as the winner of this thread's contest ---- hands down. 

Pro tip:  Start working on your diarrhea reference ---- now that bodily functions are out of the bag, you'll likely meet with competition on the next thread.

Offline LMAO

You mean $15T Freedom Cities,  Baby bonus incentives, and massive federal deficits aren't in your idelological wheelhouse?   :cool:

No

Government has become too large, too expensive, and too oppressive

I don’t know who the one is to change the trajectory we are on. But I do know it will not change with Biden or Trump. Another four years of either one and we go bankrupt. And no, we can’t print our way out of this.

Trumps freedom cities and MAGA breeding money are representations of what  his governing philosophy is

MAGAs are not interested in reducing the size of the federal government. Despite their vigorous denials, the truth is they want to be the ones wielding that power. The problem with that mindset is they won’t be there forever in the unlikely event Trump wins
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:37:02 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin
All of you CLAIM you want change,but you keep voting for the same criminals in office over and over.

Do you realize how odd an argument this is coming from someone advocating for a second Trump term, versus a first deSantis term?

You guys are the ones advocating voting for the same old thing again in 2024.  We're the ones pointing out that it didn't work the first time, left us in a worst position now than when Trump took office, and want to try somebody different.

Trump's way does not work.  The evidence is staring us right in the face, and yet you insist on repeating that mistake.  Trump alienating everyone who isn't 100% on board with him guarantees that everything he does in office will vanish like a fart in a hurricane the second he's out of office.

We've already seen that happen.  We're living it right now.   The reason things are so much worse than when Trump took office is because he is incapable of effecting lasting change.  No matter how good his intentions may be, his way of doing things does not work. 

So that's why so many of us who voted for him in 2016 and 2020 have said enough.  We are not going to keep repeating our mistake, and want to try somebody who has been extraordinarily successful on a state level to see if perhaps he can do better. Maybe he won't, but at least DeSantis isn't someone who hasn't already been given a chance, and failed.

Time to try something different.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:24:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No

Government has become too large, too expensive, and too oppressive

I don’t know who the one is to change the trajectory we are on. But I do know it will not change with Biden or Trump. Another four years of either one and we go bankrupt. And no, we can’t print our way out of this.

Trumps freedom cities and MAGA breeding money are representations of what  his governing philosophy is

MAGAs are not interested in reducing the size of the federal government. Despite their vigorous denials, the truth is they want to be the ones wielding that power. The problem with that mindset is they won’t be there forever in the unlikely event Trump wins

No president can fix that! Only a House of Representatives committed to the project can!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:34:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Do you realize how odd an argument this is coming from someone advocating for a second Trump term, versus a first deSantis term?

You guys are the ones advocating voting for the same old thing again in 2024.  We're the ones pointing out that it didn't work the first time, left us in a worst position now than when Trump took office, and want to try somebody different.

Trump's way does not work.  The evidence is staring us right in the face, and yet you insist on repeating that mistake.  Trump alienating everyone who isn't 100% on board with him guarantees that everything he does in office will vanish like a fart in a hurricane the second he's out of office.

We've already seen that happen.  We're living it right now.   The reason things are so much worse than when Trump took office is because he is incapable of effecting lasting change.  No matter how good his intentions may be, his way of doing things does not work. 

So that's why so many of us who voted for him in 2016 and 2020 have said enough.  We are not going to keep repeating our mistake, and want to try somebody who has been extraordinarily successful on a state level to see if perhaps he can do better. Maybe he won't, but at least DeSantis isn't someone who hasn't already been given a chance, and failed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You guys are t

@Maj. Bill Martin

Do YOU realize how odd an argument THAT is,coming from a supporter of a man who has ran for public office multiple times?

ALL you  are advocating for is a plate of horsehillary,on  a different plate.

You forgot to mention that his rude AND orange.

He didn't get much done in his first term because  asshats kept stabbing him in the back. Yet,none of you Anti-Trumpers seem to have much interest in talking about that.

Gee,I wonder why?

He  wouldn't be a Governor who  is running for President now if Trump hadn't campaigned for him and saved his ass.

Oh,the irony!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You guys are t

@Maj. Bill Martin

Do YOU realize how odd an argument THAT is,coming from a supporter of a man who has ran for public office multiple times?

ALL you  are advocating for is a plate of horsehillary,on  a different plate.

You forgot to mention that his rude AND orange.

He didn't get much done in his first term because  asshats kept stabbing him in the back. Yet,none of you Anti-Trumpers seem to have much interest in talking about that.

Gee,I wonder why?

He  wouldn't be a Governor who  is running for President now if Trump hadn't campaigned for him and saved his ass.

Oh,the irony!
Um, Pete, you do realize that Trump has now run for office multiple times? Are you saying that should disqualify him? And your 'given a chance and failed'? **nononono*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 04:13:21 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

You guys are t

@Maj. Bill Martin

Trump ran for public office multiple times.  The difference is that DeSantis had such a wildly successful first term that he won re-election in a landslide.

He didn't get much done in his first term because  asshats kept stabbing him in the back. Yet,none of you Anti-Trumpers seem to have much interest in talking about that. Gee,I wonder why?

Actually, we've talked about this many, many times because it is one of the biggest reasons to not support him.  One of his huge problems is that he appointed the various asshats and traitors you argue sabotaged his first term.  Well, damn, doesn't the buck stop at the guy who appointed those asshats??  And it seems that with every week that goes by, someone else he appointed -- who worked for him -- comes out and says something negative about him.  What the hell kind of judgment must Trump have to have been so overwhelming flawed in choosing his subordinates.  There is absolutely zero reason to believe it would be better in a second term, and plenty of reasons to believe it will be even worse.  What, the My Pillow guy for Secretary of the Interior?

The truth is that Trump is pretty much toxic to the majority of people with whom he works -- especially people who themselves are accomplished and don't need to ingratiate themselves with him.  He wants that godfather-like relationship with subordinates, but the reality is most capable people don't like that kind of arrangement because they have minds and judgment of their own.  And because Trump doesn't understand the laws or Constitution, and so wants to do things in a way that isn't possible.  But again, we're right back to the point i was making about you guys wanting to do the exact same thing that already failed once. 

I don't see how that makes a lick of sense.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 04:24:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Trump ran for public office multiple times.  The difference is that DeSantis had such a wildly successful first term that he won re-election in a landslide.

Actually, we've talked about this many, many times because it is one of the biggest reasons to not support him.  One of his huge problems is that he appointed the various asshats and traitors you argue sabotaged his first term.  Well, damn, doesn't the buck stop at the guy who appointed those asshats??  And it seems that with every week that goes by, someone else he appointed -- who worked for him -- comes out and says something negative about him.  What the hell kind of judgment must Trump have to have been so overwhelming flawed in choosing his subordinates.  There is absolutely zero reason to believe it would be better in a second term, and plenty of reasons to believe it will be even worse.  What, the My Pillow guy for Secretary of the Interior?

The truth is that Trump is pretty much toxic to the majority of people with whom he works -- especially people who themselves are accomplished and don't need to ingratiate themselves with him.  He wants that godfather-like relationship with subordinates, but the reality is most capable people don't like that kind of arrangement because they have minds and judgment of their own.  And because Trump doesn't understand the laws or Constitution, and so wants to do things in a way that isn't possible.  But again, we're right back to the point i was making about you guys wanting to do the exact same thing that already failed once. 

I don't see how that makes a lick of sense.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

That cannot be emphasized enough... Those on the right who love to drive that big government forget that it is the same government the Democrats will be driving someday soon.

Had the power of government been decimated under Tumpy, it would be quite a bit less able to mess with us now... Tumpy and Co increased the swamp and increased the size of government... and handed it off to the Democrats.

TRUE.

Offline roamer_1

No president can fix that! Only a House of Representatives committed to the project can!

Right. But a president who is a leader and a team builder can create a coalition in Congress and lead the way. That's what a president SHOULD do.

Offline roamer_1

THAT'S RIGHT!

888high58888