Author Topic: Utah mayor looks to upset Romney in 2024 GOP primary, says voters feel 'let down' by incumbent  (Read 917 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Utah mayor looks to upset Romney in 2024 GOP primary, says voters feel 'let down' by incumbent

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/hold-meet-utah-mayor-running-unseat-mitt-romney-backed-utahs-largest

A (sic) upstart Utah mayor is trying to pull off what would be one of the biggest primary upsets of the 2024 election cycle – knocking off incumbent GOP Sen. Mitt Romney, whom he argues is an interloper and career politician repeatedly out of touch with state voters' conservative values. 

"They have a feeling of being just let down," city of Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs recently said on the "John Solomon Reports" podcast. "Here's somebody who came in and moved to the state. That's something that a lot of Utahns, I think, had to give him a bit of a pass on."
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

The initial creator of Obamacare should have never been elected in Utah in the first place. It is a stain on their state.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Utah mayor looks to upset Romney in 2024 GOP primary, says voters feel 'let down' by incumbent

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/hold-meet-utah-mayor-running-unseat-mitt-romney-backed-utahs-largest

I wish him every success! I hope he cleans Romney's clock!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

You and me both!  Mittens losing his seat would be a wonderful thing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I looked him up. Looks like he has credibility. Romney is a POS. Here is Staggs website.

https://trentstaggs.com/meet-trent/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I looked him up. Looks like he has credibility. Romney is a POS. Here is Staggs website.

https://trentstaggs.com/meet-trent/

Thanks @bigheadfred I'll give the guy a look over.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Me too @Bigun ... But you know and I know, church politics make him pretty hard to knock down!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Me too @Bigun ... But you know and I know, church politics make him pretty hard to knock down!

:yowsa: I know!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Same here!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Romney was quite the disappointment when he was Governor of Massachusetts. 

Willard should stick with his true passions - vulture capitalism and Mexican wrestling.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Romney, Cheney, Kinzinger - all of them took liberal positions just to oppose Trump and his supporters. Endangering the nation and the Constitution just for a personal pissing match. Romney's constant fits of personal pique is reason number one of many to boot him out of office.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Staggs has the Mormon creds. One little word of affirmation from a member of the church hierarchy will spread faster than wildfire and Romney will be hard pressed
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

Romney, Cheney, Kinzinger - all of them took liberal positions just to oppose Trump and his supporters. Endangering the nation and the Constitution just for a personal pissing match. Romney's constant fits of personal pique is reason number one of many to boot him out of office.

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Staggs has the Mormon creds. One little word of affirmation from a member of the church hierarchy will spread faster than wildfire and Romney will be hard pressed

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Mitt's son-in-law is neck deep in Burisma. If that tells you anything.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Sure do hope you're right. I know Utah is hella conservative... I do believe the only reason Romulus got in was his church credz. I think if the church endorsement goes elsewhere, Utahans would GLADLY remove him.

Offline roamer_1

Mitt's son-in-law is neck deep in Burisma. If that tells you anything.

Tells me nothin I didn't already know.  :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Tells me nothin I didn't already know.  :whistle:

I hope the same is true for many! Those who get to vote in Utah in particular!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I hope the same is true for many! Those who get to vote in Utah in particular!

His old man George was no better.... Them apples sure didn't fall far from the horse!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
His old man George was no better.... Them apples sure didn't fall far from the horse!

:yowsa: I'm fully aware!

- J. R. R. Tolkien