Author Topic: You can be sure none of these American heroes would have ever been described as “woke” 79 years ago  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You can be sure none of these American heroes would have ever been described as “woke” 79 years ago
JUNE 6, 2023 BY BARENAKEDISLAM

Forty-five U.S. WWII veterans — most now in their late 90s — traveled to France to mark the 79th anniversary of D-Day, the largest ever military amphibious operation and air assault in history.
In the early hours of June 6, 1944, more than 150,000 Allied troops set off from the south coast of England to Normandy, beginning the military operation that ultimately led to the liberation of Western Europe from Nazi occupation.

At the Normandy American Cemetery perched above the sea at Colleville-sur-Mer, dotted with white cross headstones and U.S. flags, 9,386 soldiers are buried. U.S. officials including Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin attended the ceremony there on Tuesday along with the 45 veterans who were helped to travel by the Best Defense Foundation, founded by former American footballer Donnie Edwards.

https://barenakedislam.com/2023/06/06/you-can-be-sure-none-of-these-american-heroes-would-have-ever-been-described-as-woke-79-years-ago/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson