Author Topic: MEHLMAN: Democrats Unveil Massive New Amnesty Bill for 75% Of Illegal Aliens  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEHLMAN: Democrats Unveil Massive New Amnesty Bill for 75% Of Illegal Aliens
OPINIONezgif.com-gif-maker (72)

IRA MEHLMAN
IRA MEHLMAN IS THE MEDIA DIRECTOR FOR THE FEDERATION FOR AMERICAN IMMIGRATION REFORM.
June 10, 2023
4:12 PM ET

Rewarding illegal immigration by granting mass amnesty has traditionally been a tough sell with the American public. So, the marketing strategy for amnesty advocates is to sell the American people on the idea that millions of illegal aliens are actually doing us a favor by being here, and that granting them legal permanent residence is the least we can do to thank them.

New legislation in Congress aims to fulfill our “debt” to illegal aliens who are defined as essential to our economy. “Every day, over five million essential workers without permanent legal status kept Americans healthy, fed, and safe during the COVID pandemic—all while risking their own health and the health of their families,” declared Sen. Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), who is sponsoring the Citizenship for Essential Workers Act.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), another sponsor of the bill, was even more explicit in defining the amnesty measure as the fulfillment of an obligation. “The Citizenship for Essential Workers Act recognizes all that essential workers have given and will create a fair and accessible pathway to citizenship,” she said.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/10/mehlman-democrats-unveil-massive-new-amnesty-bill-for-75-of-illegal-aliens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), another sponsor of the bill, was even more explicit in defining the amnesty measure as the fulfillment of an obligation. “The Citizenship for Essential Workers Act recognizes all that essential workers have given and will create a fair and accessible pathway to citizenship,” she said.

Words.  Just words.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson