Author Topic: Andy McCarthy: If Half of ‘Devastating’ Trump Indictment Is True, ‘He’s Toast’ and I Think They Can  (Read 643 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Andy McCarthy: If Half of ‘Devastating’ Trump Indictment Is True, ‘He’s Toast’ and I Think They Can Prove More than Half

On Friday’s broadcast of Fox News Radio’s “Guy Benson Show,” author, National Review Contributing Editor, Fox News Contributor, and former Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew McCarthy stated that while former President Donald Trump does have ample reason to say he’s been singled out, the indictment against him is “a devastating document. If they can prove half of it, he’s toast.” And he believes more than half of what’s in the indictment can be proven.

McCarthy stated, [relevant remarks begin around 35:35] “It’s a devastating document. If they can prove half of it, he’s toast. And I sense that they can probably prove more than half of it, because a lot of it is recorded conversations, testimony from his lawyers, and that sort of thing. So, I think, Guy, part of the reason that he’s been hitting so hard at the idea that he’s being singled out — which he’s got a lot of basis to say that — part of the reason is his real defense here…is the Hillary Clinton precedent. And I’ve had to try to make this point a number of times today, selective prosecution defenses are very effective in terms of trying to argue to the prosecutors that they should not exercise their discretion to charge. Once they do charge, those defenses don’t help you very much.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/10/andy-mccarthy-if-half-of-devastating-trump-indictment-is-true-hes-toast-and-i-think-they-can-prove-more-than-half/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Here's the actual indictment, with annotations, which McCarthy is talking about:

The Trump Classified Documents Indictment, Annotated

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/06/09/us/trump-indictment-document-annotated.html
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox Contributor Andy McCarthy Breaks Down The Crux Of Trump’s Meaty Indictment

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
June 09, 2023 5:14 PM ET
Font Size:

Former assistant U.S. attorney and Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy explained the crux of the Trump indictment Friday.

Former President Donald Trump announced Thursday he was being indicted, with the official indictment being unsealed Friday. The charges against Trump include 31 counts of alleged violation of the Espionage Act or the willful retention of national security information, as well as one count of “conspiracy to obstruct justice,” one count of “withholding a document or record,” one count of corruptly concealing a document or record,” one count of “concealing a document in a deferral investigation,” one count of “scheme to conceal” and one count of “false statements and representations.”

Fox News’ John Roberts asked McCarthy for his initial reaction.

“On the surface, how are you struck by what we’re hearing?”

“I have been saying all along I thought the obstruction was going to be the Big Kahuna here in the sense that what we understood about the facts was that they had issued former President Trump a grand jury subpoena and they had caused, or he had caused, according to the theory, his lawyers to give false information to the FBI to be transmitted to the grand jury about whether he had turned over all the stuff in his possession,” McCarthy said.

“What I’m struck by reading the indictment now, first of all, it’s very detailed, it’s a narrative indictment, it’s not a bare bones thing where they’re just talking about the statutory offenses. And the first almost three dozen counts in this indictment are related specifically to classified documents. That is, you know, to the extent that we were led to believe that there might be one or two classified documents counts, in fact there are over 30, and what they’ve done, I think, is taken the most sensitive of the documents and charged them as separate counts.”

Host Sandra Smith noted that in 2021, according to the indictment, Trump allegedly showed several people at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, a plan of attack that was reportedly prepared for him by the Department of Defense. Trump told the individuals the material was secret, and though he could have declassified it while in office, he technically could not declassify it since he was out of office, the indictment alleges.

McCarthy said there was both a political and legal claim.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/09/fox-contributor-andy-mccarthy-crux-trump-indictment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ya' know, the worst thing about this is that it will enable liberalism to continue to destroy America little by little. That's the real crime. Liberals are vermin, period.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump is his own worst enemy. Offering the prosecutors their own evidence against him. Braggidly displaying a map of a possible attack on Iran he is quoted "As President I could have declassified it" and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

If he did something so stupid AND had it recorded he deserves everything coming to him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And I’ve had to try to make this point a number of times today, selective prosecution defenses are very effective in terms of trying to argue to the prosecutors that they should not exercise their discretion to charge. Once they do charge, those defenses don’t help you very much.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/10/andy-mccarthy-if-half-of-devastating-trump-indictment-is-true-hes-toast-and-i-think-they-can-prove-more-than-half/

He's pretty much right here.

The decision to charge Trump this way was wrong, stupid, and has incredible potential to damage the country seriously.  What happens if Trump is charged, indicted, and convicted, but wins the election?  Is the Biden Administration going to try to throw the duly elected President of the United States in jail and say "sorry, you're not President even though the voters say you are?"  That's instant Constitutional crisis.  Supreme Court is not going to like that course of events.  On the other hand, they're not going to want to establish a rule that basically makes ex-Presidents judicial immunity for any crimes they may commit.

The problem is that as wrong as the decision to charge is, it also appears that Trump was sufficiently stupid/arrogant to give prosecutors a strong case on the merits.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

The decision to charge Trump this way was wrong, stupid, and has incredible potential to damage the country seriously.  What happens if Trump is charged, indicted, and convicted, but wins the election?  Is the Biden Administration going to try to throw the duly elected President of the United States in jail and say "sorry, you're not President even though the voters say you are?"  That's instant Constitutional crisis.  Supreme Court is not going to like that course of events.  On the other hand, they're not going to want to establish a rule that basically makes ex-Presidents judicial immunity for any crimes they may commit.

The problem is that as wrong as the decision to charge is, it also appears that Trump was sufficiently stupid/arrogant to give prosecutors a strong case on the merits.

Once again, voters get a pass though. We enabled all of these people, Trump included.

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump is his own worst enemy. Offering the prosecutors their own evidence against him. Braggidly displaying a map of a possible attack on Iran he is quoted "As President I could have declassified it" and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

If he did something so stupid AND had it recorded he deserves everything coming to him.

Pretty much sums it up. Had it not been for this, they couldn't have distinguished it enough from Sniffy and Hillary's misadventures to risk prosecuting Trump and risking blowback.

Dumb dumb dumb.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Trump isn't worried about their phony indictment. CNN is triggered." (Video)

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1668442570362613760

Offline mountaineer

Pedro Gonzalez, of Chronicles Magazine, tweets: [T]his was a self-inflicted gunshot wound by Trump....  Trump allowed a library dispute to turn into a federal probe against himself. The worst part is that even if he emerges unscathed, it is hard to see how other people caught up in this will accomplish the same feat.
Thread:

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1669186905492144129
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Will Scharf
@willscharf
I am a former Assistant U.S. Attorney, worked on two Supreme Court confirmations, and clerked for two federal appellate judges.
The indictment and case against President Trump is outrageous and shocking.
But let’s get into the details.
Here are my 6 key points on the case:

https://twitter.com/willscharf/status/1669333151569543168
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org