Author Topic: Los Angeles gets one step closer to 'Sanctuary City' for immigrants with City Council vote  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Los Angeles gets one step closer to 'Sanctuary City' for immigrants with City Council vote
By CNS StaffPublished June 9, 2023 2:20PMUpdated 5:56PMLos AngelesCity News Service

LA City Council approves Sanctuary City plan
The Los Angeles City Council voted to approve a motion Tuesday that would create an ordinance to make LA a Sanctuary City for undocumented immigrants.

LOS ANGELES - The City Council approved a motion Friday calling on various city departments to take the necessary steps for Los Angeles to officially become a sanctuary city for immigrants.

The motion, which was previously OK'd by the council's Civil Rights, Equity, Immigration, Aging and Disability Committee and the Public Safety Committee, instructs the city attorney to prepare a draft ordinance within 60 days to prohibit "any city resources, property or personnel from being utilized for any federal immigration enforcement."

It would also prohibit city cooperation with federal immigration authorities in "execution of their duties" as it pertains to immigration enforcement.

https://www.foxla.com/news/los-angeles-sanctuary-city-immigrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I could  almost hear the sounds  of banks  and investment firms shutting their doors and putting  their buildings up for sale as they hurry to beat the rush to get out of town.

I just hope none of them come within 500 miles of where  I live. THEY had the power and the influence to  stop  this by not funding the election campaigns of the left,and didn't do it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!