Author Topic: California’s “impossible” electric truck mandate could put logistics companies completely out of bus  (Read 848 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California’s “impossible” electric truck mandate could put logistics companies completely out of business
Friday, June 09, 2023 by: Cassie B.

(Natural News) With California’s deadline for zero-emissions vehicles looming, logistics companies are growing concerned that compliance will be impossible.

Under the new mandate, which goes into effect on January 1, 2024, all new trucks that are bought for servicing distribution centers, ports and rail yards must be zero-emission models.

One of the main concerns is the low availability of electric semi-trucks. Those that are available have very high prices, and many in the industry are concerned about the short distances they are capable of traveling on a charge. Trucks need to use dedicated charging stations, and the limited infrastructure in the areas surrounding ports will make keeping these vehicles charged complicated. The need to recharge these trucks frequently, combined with potentially long wait times as multiple trucks vie for limited charging ports, will make operation costs and times rise.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-06-09-californias-electric-truck-mandate-affect-logistics-companies.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Time to start moving the primary Pacific ports out of California.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

MIGHT be the perfect time to fire bomb the major cities to keep those cretins from coming to America,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Kamaji

MIGHT be the perfect time to fire bomb the major cities to keep those cretins from coming to America,though.
When did California stop being part of America? To borrow one of your responses...ESAD.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When did California stop being part of America? To borrow one of your responses...ESAD.
He didn't say the conservative hinterlands, just the cities... :shrug: *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

@Kamaji

Nice to see Pete is mellowing out.  happy77

Online roamer_1

Yeah... Mexico, Canada, or Alaska... There's your picks.  :shrug:

Because Oregon and Washington ain't no better than Cali.

Offline Idiot

I vote for Mexico.  Might as well just ship the drugs directly to Mexico and cut out the middle man.

Offline Kamaji

Split it between both; or go with Mexico, provided that security can be provided from a Mexican port to a Texas Port of Entry.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When did California stop being part of America?

Several years ago,when native Californians started fleeing to the inland.

My half-brother and his wife still live there,but that is only due to their age,and the fact that their  house and everything they own has been paid for,for decades,and both are retired with pretty good incomes coming in.

I am also sure the fact that their house is somehow "grandfathered" so they are still paying property taxes at the same rate they were paying decades ago has a lot to do with it. Last time I visited them,they were both still driving cars at least 10 years old that were economy cars when they were new. I suspect their sons and grandchildren are going to inherit so serious cash when they die. He is a retired TWA pilot that is also retired from another job,and his wife is a retired surgical nurse that is also retired from another job. One son is a career Naval officer,and I can't remember what the  other one does.

The city did buy up old houses across the street from them and put up "partmint blocks fo de po",though,so I don't know how much longer they are going to last before they become "easy targets because they live just across the street".

To borrow one of your responses...ESAD.

Right  bat atcha,bubba!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nice to see Pete is mellowing out.  happy77

@Jack Russell

What can I say,I'm in my seventh  decade of excellence now,and getting mellow.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

From what I have read,they may even be worse. ONE of the cities in one of those states abandoned a police station after it and they were attacked so many times,and just turned it over to the radical leftists.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

From what I have read,they may even be worse. ONE of the cities in one of those states abandoned a police station after it and they were attacked so many times,and just turned it over to the radical leftists.

@sneakypete

That's happened more than once... But it's all the same. All the deep water ports are by megacities... Up and down the left coast... And all those cities are whacko-liberal. And they control their states,

That all said, the infection is mainly west of the coastal range. If you get over that hump, you're in Redneck Nation. Good folks over there. I reckon something similar down in Cali... I poked cows with a bunch of them boys out of the Sierras. No different, other than their flat-topped hats made for fun up in here, where the weather was not kind to them.

Would REALLY like Cali to slip it off... Within my lifetime it went from a Conservative state with a couple goofy cities (LA, San Fran, and Sacramento) to total liberal political annihilation...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 06:23:11 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

That's happened more than once... But it's all the same. All the deep water ports are by megacities... Up and down the left coast... And all those cities are whacko-liberal. And they control their states,

That all said, the infection is mainly west of the coastal range. If you get over that hump, you're in Redneck Nation. Good folks over there. I reckon something similar down in Cali... I poked cows with a bunch of them boys out of the Sierras. No different, other than their flat-topped hats made for fun up in here, where the weather was not kind to them.

Would REALLY like Cali to slip it off... Within my lifetime it went from a Conservative state with a couple goofy cities (LA, San Fran, and Sacramento) to total liberal political annihilation...

@roamer_1

At this point the leftist  take over is a perpetual motion machine that can't be stopped because everywhere it is created,the homeless and the perpetual lazy scam artists move there ASAP to take root and live life "free and easy" by living on sidwalks and in parks for free to save money to be used for drug purchases. These people KNOW the city leadership of the various cities they infest will order the cops to ignore them because the pols KNOW they have those votes locked in,and they also know  that the citizens that WOULD NOT have voted for them have either  already moved  away,or are making plans to move  away.

Which sets up a "Domino effect" because wherever these fools move to get away,they  start working on making where they moved to politically  identical to where they just left. I still have some friends out in Denver that are now  telling  me that as bad  and  as looney as the native Colorado lefties were,they weren't nearly as bad as the Left Coast Loonies,and the West Coat Loonies are taking over and enacting the same laws that resulted in them having to leave Ca.

There  just ain't no such thing as a cure for the Professionally Stupid.

Or at least not right now. I AM reasonably sure they will be cured of leftism after a few years in a labor camp,though.