Author Topic: Giant magnet hanging from a helicopter could solve California's drought water shortages  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Giant magnet hanging from a helicopter could solve California's drought water shortages
Story by Hillary Andrews • Yesterday 7:24 PM

It’s a bird, it’s a plane … no it’s a giant electromagnet that dwarfs the helicopter that it hangs from. The enormous hoop, flying about 200 feet off the ground, that looks like a something out of a fantasy or sci-fi movie, will actually help California during the next drought. The huge magnet can "see" 1,500 feet through the ground similar to a superhero.

"This system images down to about 1,500 feet down, and it looks for the soils down there and it tells us whether or not we've got some sand or clay down there," Aaron Fukuda, General Manager of the Tulare Irrigation District told FOX Weather.

"That gets flown over the ground and there's a transmitter at the front and a receiver in the back. It sends a signal down out of the front, measures the time delay to the back of the system," he continued. "That measures the resistance of the soil and that resistance is turned into a soil classification, sand or clay."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/giant-magnet-hanging-from-a-helicopter-could-solve-california-s-drought-water-shortages/ar-AA1cpNgc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=81ac92e69c254ab6b1f60f1d74c00265&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think a Native American rain dance would help more. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson