Author Topic: Trump, lawyers part ways after federal indictment  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Trump, lawyers part ways after federal indictment
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2023, 01:44:08 pm »
Well, it would be Miami, not New York, but I take your point.  I was probably low co spidering that's probably around the top rate here in Cleveland.

Fair enough.  NYC is really getting out of hand.  I believe that the top rate for some partners has hit $2,000 per hour.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2023, 02:15:41 pm »
Just pointing out that things like Trump deciding to go on Bret Baier's show and talk in detail about those documents is the type of thing that will make lawyers throw up their hands and want to walk away.  Everything he said in that interview is admissible in a case against him, and because he so often speaks off the cuff and without a lot of fore thought, he's likely to contradict himself at some point along the way.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2023, 02:34:31 pm »
Just pointing out that things like Trump deciding to go on Bret Baier's show and talk in detail about those documents is the type of thing that will make lawyers throw up their hands and want to walk away.  Everything he said in that interview is admissible in a case against him, and because he so often speaks off the cuff and without a lot of fore thought, he's likely to contradict himself at some point along the way.

Yup.  And all of that will come in to impeach his credibility should he testify in the case.

Offline DB

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2023, 02:41:07 pm »

He's certain he's the smartest man in the room...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2023, 04:48:06 pm »
He's certain he's the smartest man in the room...
Just ask him.