Author Topic: Detroit clerk to stand trial for locking door before shoplifter shot customers  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MICHIGAN Published June 6, 2023 3:47pm EDT
Detroit clerk to stand trial for locking door before shoplifter shot customers
Al-Hassan Aiyash to be tried for involuntary manslaughter

A judge on Tuesday ordered a Detroit gas station clerk to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter, saying his decision to lock the door and then taunt an angry customer contributed to the fatal shooting of a bystander.

Al-Hassan Aiyash "continued to pour gasoline on the fire," said Judge Kenneth King, who found enough evidence to move the case to trial.

Aiyash, 22, was working behind protective glass at 3 a.m. May 6 when a customer's failed attempt to make a $3.80 electronic purchase turned into violence.

Video shows Samuel McCray repeatedly cursing and insisting he was going to leave the gas station with the items. Three more people entered before Aiyash pushed a button to lock the door, keeping the four inside.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/detroit-clerk-stand-trial-locking-door-shoplifter-shot-customers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji