Author Topic: Meghan McCain Sounds Alarm Over ‘Terrifying’ Trump Indictment: ‘This Will Tear Us Apart’  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you're referring to the Crossfire Hurricane memo, that actually makes his legal position worse than if it didn't exist at all for a few reasons:

1)  It's a formal, written and signed memo declassifying specific documents related to Crossfire Hurricane, and to no other documents:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

2.  The existence of the memo proves that when Trump wanted to declassify documents, he knew exactly how to do it.  He didn't just say after he left office that "by the way, I declassified those Crossfire Hurricane documents in my head".  He had it written down and signed while he was still President so nobody could dispute that he had taken an official Presidential action.  That's just common sense, right?   It also ensures that the entities within the government responsible for tracking and safeguarding that classified information know that it is no longer classified.  They won't know it if he doesn't tell them.

3.  Given that he signed this particular declassification memo on January 19, left office the very next day and took all those other documents with him, it begs the question of why - if he truly did intend to declassify all those other documents -- he didn't just do the exact same thing he did with the Crossfire Hurricane documents?  He's got a huge staff, lawyers, etc..  All he had to do was say "do up another memo applying to all these other documents I'm taking so I can sign that one too."   But he didn't.  So the question is...why?

The most logical conclusion to be drawn from that is that he had not decided to declassify all those other document.

3.  If Trump truly believed that he could declassify documents simply by "thought", he wouldn't have needed that Crossfire Hurricane memo in the first place.

I think one thing that is very important to understand is that when documents are declassified, that applies to everyone, and to every copy of the document.  That means anyone in the government could make the information publicly without being accused of disclosing classified material.  So if Trump actually had said "I am officially declassifying all those documents", he's basically letting bad guys get that information.  And presumably, there is some information in there that he did not want bad guys to get access to.  So, he didn't declassify those documents.  He just took them with him while they were still classified, and therefore would continue to be treated as such by the government.

Interesting, but I don't think it had anything to do with Crossfire Hurricane.  TBH, I have no idea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Doesn't Trump have his own private security detail??

@libertybele

I am sure he does,but  there is no way in hell the SS is going to allow them to be armed in DC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Doesn't Trump have his own private security detail??
I thought the USSS was obligated to protect him. Sounds like they're only "kind of" going to protect him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I thought the USSS was obligated to protect him. Sounds like they're only "kind of" going to protect him.

@mountain.eer

I am no longer certain the SS can be counted on to protect Trump
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mountain.eer

I am no longer certain the SS can be counted on to protect Trump

They never could be.  That's why Trump had his personal detail.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Interesting, but I don't think it had anything to do with Crossfire Hurricane.  TBH, I have no idea.

As far as I'm aware, the only memo he executed on January 19 relating to the declassification of documents is the one I linked in my post.  I've never heard of anything else, couldn't find anything else, and have never seen any other memo identified.  The one I linked in my post is it.

If someone out there is telling people there is some other memo out there broader than that one, then you should ask them to identify/link to it.  They won't, though, because this is it.  If not...wouldn't you expect Trump to be waving that memo from the rooftops saying "I declassified all those documents, and it isn't just me "deciding" to do it but not telling anyone?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:13:42 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Wendy Patterson
@wendyp4545
They publicly announce the date time and location that Trump is forced to attend and the Secret Service isn't making special accommodations?

They're making Trump a target.  Is the plan to have him killed using a losing case as the means to get Trump at the location for the opportunity to present itself?NY Post

Exactly what is meant by the "special accommodation" that they are refusing to make?  The SS says they will provide the normal level of protection provided to a former President.   I don't see what the problem is with that.

Offline libertybele

Exactly what is meant by the "special accommodation" that they are refusing to make?  The SS says they will provide the normal level of protection provided to a former President.   I don't see what the problem is with that.

I don't think that the SS can be trusted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't think that the SS can be trusted.

Well, how many successful assassination attempts have their been on Trump so far?

Even if you don't trust them, I can't see what that has to do with this "special accomodations" angle.   That sounds to me like some pundit or member of the press had their own idea of what "special accommodations", and the Secret Service doesn't use that particular term so they responded that they didn't have any. For some reason, people seem to be making a big deal out of that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 06:14:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well, how many successful assassination attempts have their been on Trump so far?

Even if you don't trust them, I can't see what that has to do with this "special accomodations" angle.   That sounds to me like some pundit or member of the press had their own idea of what "special accommodations", and the Secret Service doesn't use that particular term so they responded that they didn't have any. For some reason, people seem to be making a big deal out of that.

LOL!

Sure don't see Barack and Mike Obama out and about.

Wizard behind the curtain indeed.

The media and paparazzi are warned by THEIR Secret Service protection detail...which sure as hell makes "special accommodations" for them, to stay away or else.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The media and paparazzi are warned by THEIR Secret Service protection detail...which sure as hell makes "special accommodations" for them, to stay away or else.

What, specifically, does the term "special accommodations" mean to the Secret Service", and where is that definition located?