Author Topic: US Marine Corps gives update on drone, ship needs for amphibious ops  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Marine Corps gives update on drone, ship needs for amphibious ops
By Megan Eckstein
 Jun 8, 01:20 PM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Marine Corps is examining what unmanned systems and disruptive technology will benefit the force during amphibious operations in the coming decades, and which combination of ships would best serve future missions.

The update comes as the service and the Pentagon grapple with what future warfare might require of American forces.

In its annual update on June 5 — part of the Corps’ ongoing Force Design 2030 modernization push — the service laid out two parallel efforts: a 21st Century Amphibious Operations concept the Corps is studying with the Navy; and an ARG/MEU Next concept, which refers to the amphibious ready group/Marine expeditionary unit pairing of ships and embarked forces.

The 21st Century Amphibious Operations concept would “articulate the future role of amphibious operations in support of maritime campaigns and will describe new operating methods that incorporate agile platforms to supplement traditional amphibious ships,” according to the Force Design update.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/06/08/us-marine-corps-gives-update-on-drone-ship-needs-for-amphibious-ops/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson