Author Topic: BREAKING>>Trump indicted on the document scandal  (Read 9565 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: BREAKING>>Trump indicted on the document scandal
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2023, 04:02:08 pm »
A Florida trial gives Trump a better chance for a hung jury.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline corbe

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2023, 04:48:48 pm »
   This ought be good for $10M in additional fundraising.  So expect more DeSantis (the only guy on record of a possible Trump pardon) slime ads very soon.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2023, 04:54:19 pm »
Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, initially assigned to oversee his case: Sources

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-aileen-cannon-trump-appointee-initially-assigned-oversee/story?id=99956910
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2023, 04:56:09 pm »
   This ought be good for $10M in additional fundraising.  So expect more DeSantis (the only guy on record of a possible Trump pardon) slime ads very soon.

Vivek said he would pardon Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-presidential-rival-vows-to-pardon-trump-if-elected-in-2024/ar-AA1cjpnf
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2023, 04:57:57 pm »
   OPPS @bigheadfred I thought it was DeSantis.  I stand corrected, Thanks.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2023, 05:04:43 pm »
 June 9, 2023 11:53am EDT
Trump, lawyers part ways after federal indictment
Trump was ordered to appear in federal court in Miami Tuesday after being indicted on at least seven counts

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Former President Trump and two of his top attorneys representing him in Special Counsel Jack Smith's investigation parted ways Friday, just a day after he was indicted.

Trump, the current front-runner in the 2024 Republican presidential primary, was indicted on at least seven counts involving obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and illegal retention of classified government material. He has been ordered to appear in federal court in Miami on Tuesday. The indictment remains unsealed.

The lawyers representing him ahead of his indictment, Jim Trusty and John Rowley, resigned Friday.

"This morning we tendered our resignations as counsel to President Trump, and we will no longer represent him on either the indicted case or the January 6 investigation," Trusty and Rowley said in a statement Friday. "It has been an honor to have spent the last year defending him, and we know he will be vindicated in his battle against the Biden Administration’s partisan weaponization of the American justice system.

"Now that the case has been filed in Miami, this is a logical moment for us to step aside and let others carry the cases through to completion," they added. "We have no plans to hold media appearances that address our withdrawals or any other confidential communications we’ve had with the President or his legal team."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-bring-on-new-legal-team-after-federal-indictment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2023, 05:04:44 pm »
   OPPS @bigheadfred I thought it was DeSantis.  I stand corrected, Thanks.

A desantis statement from 12days ago. @corbe

"A big part of being president is pardon powers. Do you think the Jan. 6 defendants deserve to have their cases examined by a Republican president? And if Trump, let's say, gets charged with federal offenses and you are the president of the United States, would you look at potentially pardoning Trump himself based on the evidence that might emerge of those charges?" Travis asked DeSantis.

The governor did not mention either Trump or any specific Jan. 6 cases by name but indicated he was open to the idea.

"We will be aggressive [in] issuing pardons," he said, arguing that the Department of Justice and FBI had become "weaponized" to pursue political rather than law enforcement goals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/asked-about-pardoning-trump-as-president-desantis-says-he-would-be-aggressive/ar-AA1bHF0T

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2023, 05:56:33 pm »
I bet he blew up at them, blamed them for not stopping the indictment, and refused to pay their bills.

:pootrump:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2023, 06:03:15 pm »
A desantis statement from 12days ago. @corbe

"A big part of being president is pardon powers. Do you think the Jan. 6 defendants deserve to have their cases examined by a Republican president? And if Trump, let's say, gets charged with federal offenses and you are the president of the United States, would you look at potentially pardoning Trump himself based on the evidence that might emerge of those charges?" Travis asked DeSantis.

The governor did not mention either Trump or any specific Jan. 6 cases by name but indicated he was open to the idea.

"We will be aggressive [in] issuing pardons," he said, arguing that the Department of Justice and FBI had become "weaponized" to pursue political rather than law enforcement goals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/asked-about-pardoning-trump-as-president-desantis-says-he-would-be-aggressive/ar-AA1bHF0T

I think DeSantis' intentions are correct, but how is he going to deal with all the swamp creatures??  I know that he has stated before that he would bring in people from the outside to deal with Garland's DOJ, but I'm not quite sure how that would work out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2023, 06:05:34 pm »
Trump charged with 37 counts in classified documents case, indictment says

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/09/trump-indictment-in-classified-records-case-is-unsealed.html

The criminal indictment against Donald Trump over his handling of classified government records was unsealed Friday.

The 37-count indictment was made public a day after the former president was charged in the case by a grand jury in U.S. District Court in Miami.

Among other allegations, the indictment says Trump showed classified documents to other people in 2021, after leaving office.

Also charged in the indictment was Trump’s valet, Walter Nauta.

Trump is due to be arraigned in Miami on Tuesday, the day before his 77th birthday.

Thirty-one of the counts accuse Trump of willful retention of national defense information. He is also charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice; withholding a document or record; corruptly concealing a document or record; concealing a document in a federal investigation; scheme to conceal; and false statements and representations.

The indictment notes, “As he departed the White House, TRUMP caused scores of boxes, many of which contained classified documents, to be transported to The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, where he maintained his residence.”

“TRUMP was not authorized to possess or retain those classified documents,” the indictment says.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2023, 07:36:26 pm »

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1667228957421314048

@mystery-ak

Since Slow Joe seems to have no prior,or current knowledge about anything,I believe that
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2023, 07:47:11 pm »
37  counts .... felony counts .they are... thanks to donny trumps signing that bill in 2o18

Offline DB

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2023, 08:03:24 pm »
So Trump sat around a table with friends, while being recorded, and admitted to having classified documents.  You want to feel sorry for the guy, but crap he's stupid! ***suicide*** :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

And he knew it was being recorded...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2023, 12:08:44 am »
37  counts .... felony counts .they are... thanks to donny trumps signing that bill in 2o18

@Meshuge Mikey

You must be ecstatic and having multiple spontaneous orgasms.

I STARTED to type "Try  not to hurt yourself",but then I remembered what you are.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2023, 12:10:42 am »
So Trump sat around a table with friends, while being recorded, and admitted to having classified documents.  You want to feel sorry for the guy, but crap he's stupid! ***suicide*** :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

@Jack Russell

You don't think every other President in history has done this?

Hell,Biden  still has stacks of them stored in his garage,and who knows where else?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2023, 12:12:18 am »
And he knew it was being recorded...

@DB

He also knew that he was the President of the US at that time,and that every other President had done the same thing.

Or maybe you think that Presidents work 8 hour days and go home to party after the buzzer rings?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2023, 12:15:37 am »
Robert Barnes
@barnes_law

Any executive branch document created before or during a Presidency is the President's to do with as he pleases. That's the point of The Presidential Records Act. It has to be that way to keep Constitutional power in the hands of the only elected official of the executive branch.

7:26 PM · Jun 9, 2023

Offline libertybele

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2023, 12:17:51 am »
Continued prayers for Trump.  He's going to need them; praying that he has the physical and mental stamina needed to face this ordeal.

Prayers up for the Trump family as well; especially Barron and Melania.  This can't be easy on them.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2023, 12:22:55 am »
@DB

He also knew that he was the President of the US at that time,and that every other President had done the same thing.

Or maybe you think that Presidents work 8 hour days and go home to party after the buzzer rings?

@sneakypete IIRC the recordings did not take place while he was President rather they took place afterwards and that is a whole other issue.

IF he doesn't have a good defense and attorneys prepare yourself for him actually being sentenced.  Lord only knows what the reaction is going to be from the country.  Yes, past president have done similar things -- but remember, they are not the ones under indictment. 

Most of us can see that this is being done to prevent him from running; something that I expected.  The left will not stop until he either steps away from running or is behind bars.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2023, 12:24:31 am »
Dershowitz: Dems Who Opposed ‘Dangerous’ and ‘Unconstitutional’ Espionage Act Now ‘Rooting for it to Be Applied Broadly’

Ian Hanchett 9 Jun 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of Newsmax TV’s “The Record,” Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz commented on the indictment against former President Donald Trump and the Espionage Act charges contained in the indictment by saying that the Espionage Act “is one of the most dangerous and unconstitutional statutes ever passed” that was passed with the intent to jail dissidents. And that for several decades, “every liberal, every progressive, every Democrat I know was against this statute” but now they are “all rooting for it to be applied broadly to conduct that has nothing to do with espionage” and didn’t put national security at risk.

Dershowitz stated, “The Espionage Act is one of the most dangerous and unconstitutional statutes ever passed. [It was] passed by Woodrow Wilson in 1917 in order to imprison dissidents who were opposed to the war. Every civil libertarian, every liberal, every progressive, every Democrat I know was against this statute for the last 100 years. Now, they’re all rooting for it to be applied broadly to conduct that has nothing to do with espionage. There’s no allegation that he ever endangered national security or showed material to enemies or sold it to [enemies].”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/09/dershowitz-dems-who-opposed-dangerous-and-unconstitutional-espionage-act-now-rooting-for-it-to-be-applied-broadly/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2023, 12:25:23 am »
Dershowitz: Parts of Trump Indictment Are ‘Damning’ But Most Isn’t Different from what Hillary and Others Did

Ian Hanchett 9 Jun 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of Newsmax TV’s “The Record,” Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz stated that most of the indictment against former President Donald Trump alleges conduct that has “no difference” to “what Hillary Clinton and others have done,” but there are a couple “damning paragraphs” that Trump or his legal counsel are going to have to explain.

Host John Huddy asked, “So, is this a damning indictment against the former President? What do you think?”

Dershowitz responded, “Part of it is, part of it isn’t. The material about simply possessing classified material is not a damning indictment. We knew it was coming. The [Presidential] Records Act probably is at least a potential defense to that. There are two damning paragraphs, just two, paragraph 34 and paragraph 35, where they have tape recordings of the former President basically acknowledging that some of the papers that he possessed and showed to a writer — I’ll just read you — so ‘as President I could’ve declassified it. Now I can’t, you know, but this is still [a] secret.’ … So, I think this is a serious indictment on these two charges. Everything else I think is exactly what we expected. There’s no difference between that and what Hillary Clinton and others have done, not enough to justify this. It doesn’t meet what I call the Richard Nixon standard, which was very clear obstruction of justice, destroying evidence, paying bribes. This is too close a case to bring against a man running for president against the incumbent president. The only exception to that are these two paragraphs, and we’re going to have to hear an explanation from Trump’s lawyers or from Trump as to how he can justify having shown, to somebody who doesn’t have security clearance, allegedly some information about a plan to attack Iran.”

Dershowitz continued, “He may claim he didn’t show it to him, he just kind of waved it in front of him as part of his kind of bragging. But that’s something that will have to be explained. [Those are] the only two paragraphs that I think are new, novel, and dangerous to Donald Trump.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/09/dershowitz-parts-of-trump-indictment-are-damning-but-most-isnt-different-from-what-hillary-and-others-did/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2023, 12:29:11 am »
JONATHAN TURLEY: I know a lot of people have criticized [Jack] Smith for his background, but he's no Alvin Bragg. He's a serious prosecutor. The Alvin Bragg prosecution is a political prosecution. It is what Trump says it is. It is a weaponization of the criminal justice system, in my view. This is a different ball game.

After the indictment was unsealed Friday afternoon, Turley said on "America Reports" that the charges laid out are "extremely damning."

TURLEY: It is an extremely damning indictment. There are indictments that are sometimes called narrative or speaking indictments. These are indictments that are really meant to make a point as to the depth of the evidence. There are some indictments that are just bare bones. This is not. The special counsel knew that there would be a lot of people who were going to allege that the Department of Justice was acting in a biased or politically motivated way.

This is clearly an indictment that was drafted to answer those questions. It’s overwhelming in details. And, you know, the Trump team should not fool itself, these are hits below the waterline. These are witnesses who apparently testified under oath, gave statements to federal investigators, both of which can be criminally charged if they’re false. Those witnesses are directly quoting the president in encouraging others not to look for documents or allegedly to conceal them. It’s damaging.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-trump-indictment-documents-whole-different-ballgame-jonathan-turley
Support the USO

Offline DB

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2023, 12:39:21 am »
I have no reason to doubt Turley.

Offline DB

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2023, 12:41:29 am »
@DB

He wasn't president at that time.