Author Topic: Seattle City Council refuses to allow city attorney to prosecute public drug use or possession  (Read 190 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

AMERICAN NEWS Jun 7, 2023
Seattle City Council refuses to allow city attorney to prosecute public drug use or possession
Council Member Andrew Lewis, the swing vote, was reportedly a “yes” vote earlier in the day, but sources said he was influenced to vote "no" by far-left activists.

ADVERTISEMENT
Seattle City Council refuses to allow city attorney to prosecute public drug use or possession
Ari Hoffman
Seattle WA
Jun 7, 2023

On Tuesday, the Seattle City Council, in a 5-4 vote, rejected Council Bill 120586, which would have empowered the City Attorney to prosecute drug possession and public drug use.

As a result, the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office will have the sole authority to prosecute drug-related crimes. Before the vote, King County Prosecutor Leesa Manion urged council members and Mayor Bruce Harrell to pass this ordinance because the city attorney and police need the ability to enforce these drug laws.

The bill was sponsored by Councilmembers Sara Nelson and Alex Pedersen to "codify" the law and was backed by Seattle City Attorney Ann Davison.

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-rejects-plan-to-criminalize-drug-use-possession
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will they be able to prosecute someone high on drugs who kills another person in public? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson