Author Topic: KUSHNIRSKY: The Soviets Found The Perfect Way To Indoctrinate Citizens. Now The US Is Following Thei  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
KUSHNIRSKY: The Soviets Found The Perfect Way To Indoctrinate Citizens. Now The US Is Following Their Lead

FYODOR KUSHNIRSKY
CONTRIBUTOR
June 06, 2023
7:48 PM ET

With political winds blowing from right to left, the term “equity” was introduced to replace customary equality. Since the latter stresses equal opportunity, and it is up to the individual how to use it, the authors of the new term believe that the emphasis on individual effort creates inequality.

As Karl Marx indicates, complete equality exists only under idealistic communism, which provides resources “to each according to his needs.” The new definition of equity is about meeting the needs in the Marxist sense, but of those who live in poverty with greater needs rather than those from higher-income backgrounds. To accomplish the task, redistribution is a proven means. The process has already begun in U.S. education. New York public schools, for instance, are ending their gifted and talented programs.

To understand where we may end up, it is instructive to review the experience of the Soviets after their 1917 revolution. From the start, the communist party leaders declared the era of mandatory education and equity. In plain language, the goal of equity is always to bring all students to the same level of educational attainment. And because all bad students cannot be turned into high performers, the only realistic alternative is to move in the opposite direction, wherein nobody could perform better than the crowd.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/06/kushnirsky-the-soviets-found-the-perfect-way-to-indoctrinate-citizens-now-the-us-is-following-their-lead/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson