Author Topic: Playing The Field (Again) Derek Hunter  (Read 183 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Playing The Field (Again) Derek Hunter
« on: June 08, 2023, 05:25:36 pm »
Playing The Field (Again)
Derek Hunter

It’s amazing how quickly we got used to a presidential nomination fight starting almost two full years before the election, or more than a year before the first primary or caucus vote, but here we are. Seems too soon, but it is what’s happening, and more people have entered the fray in just the last couple of days that I thought it was worth taking another look at the field, and by “look” I mean a cynical look, because if these people can’t stand up to a little scrutiny from someone who’d happily vote for any of them over any Democrat, we’re screwed.

Let’s start at the top: Donald Trump. The big dog in all the polls, and he won’t let you forget it. If he spent half the time he spends talking about his polling or how he got screwed in 2020 talking about what he wants to do for the country….well, we’d know what he wants to do in a second term. Instead, we get platitudes and promises of only needing 6 months to complete the job. That last bit makes you wonder why, if he can make such a huge difference in 6 months, why didn’t do the things he says he will when he had 4 years?

Trump has promised to address birthright citizenship on his first day, which would be great. But he did promise to address in the first time he ran and had more than 1,400 days in which to do it and did nothing. I love the idea, I support the idea, but why wasn’t it done before? Why wasn’t the wall built? These are questions he’s going to have to answer at some point, and things he desperately wants to avoid.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/06/08/playing-the-field-again-n2624206
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Re: Playing The Field (Again) Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 08:33:14 pm »
The "silly season" starts way, way too early imho.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 08:47:11 pm »
From the article….

Trump has promised to address birthright citizenship on his first day, which would be great. But he did promise to address in the first time he ran and had more than 1,400 days in which to do it and did nothing. I love the idea, I support the idea, but why wasn’t it done before? Why wasn’t the wall built? These are questions he’s going to have to answer at some point, and things he desperately wants to avoid.

One of the arguments that MAGAs attempt to make why all his promises in his first term fell through is because he had opposition.

What makes them believe that opposition goes away in a second term?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 08:50:13 pm »
From the article….

One of the arguments that MAGAs attempt to make why all his promises in his first term fell through is because he had opposition.

What makes them believe that opposition goes away in a second term?

Or because he didn't know any better.  Or whatever.  When you're management, everything is your fault.  And if you're not up to speed on how the management works, then you shouldn't be in a management position in the first place.