General Category > Military/Defense News

Backlash As Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
Backlash As Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag
“Its illegal for a uniformed service member to salute anything but the American flag”

Published 1 min ago on 8 June, 2023Steve WatsonScreenshot

The U.S. Air Force has received backlash after tweeting out an image showing a soldier saluting a LGBTQ+ flag to ‘Celebrate Pride Month‘.

The image shows a silhouetted individual throwing up a salute along with the rainbow, black and brown and trans colours and the Air Force seal.

The gender of the individual isn’t clear, but it is clearly a depiction of a uniformed service member.

The caption reads “June is #PrideMonth! The Department of the Air Force proudly recognizes and celebrates generations of LGBTQI+ service members and their contributions to our #AirForce & #SpaceForce.”

The Air Force Global Strike Command responded to the tweet, writing, “Our diversity is our competitive advantage.”

https://summit.news/2023/06/08/backlash-as-air-force-tweets-image-of-solider-saluting-lgbtq-flag/

rangerrebew:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on June 08, 2023, 02:11:24 pm ---
“Its illegal for a uniformed service member to salute anything but the American flag”

--- End quote ---

I guess that was before wokeness. *****rollingeyes*****

ScottinVA:
Having served 28 years in the AF (retired in 2004), to see this abhorrent crap just makes me want to puke. 

DefiantMassRINO:
I don't think this is what my great uncles were fighting for when they hit the beaches at Anzio and Normandy.

rangerrebew:

--- Quote from: ScottinVA on June 08, 2023, 02:17:09 pm ---Having served 28 years in the AF (retired in 2004), to see this abhorrent crap just makes me want to puke.

--- End quote ---

First, thanks for your service. :patriot:  I don't think potential recruits see it as part of what they want to see in the military, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version