Author Topic: Backlash As Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag  (Read 814 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Backlash As Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag
“Its illegal for a uniformed service member to salute anything but the American flag”

Published 1 min ago on 8 June, 2023Steve WatsonScreenshot

The U.S. Air Force has received backlash after tweeting out an image showing a soldier saluting a LGBTQ+ flag to ‘Celebrate Pride Month‘.

The image shows a silhouetted individual throwing up a salute along with the rainbow, black and brown and trans colours and the Air Force seal.

The gender of the individual isn’t clear, but it is clearly a depiction of a uniformed service member.

The caption reads “June is #PrideMonth! The Department of the Air Force proudly recognizes and celebrates generations of LGBTQI+ service members and their contributions to our #AirForce & #SpaceForce.”

The Air Force Global Strike Command responded to the tweet, writing, “Our diversity is our competitive advantage.”

https://summit.news/2023/06/08/backlash-as-air-force-tweets-image-of-solider-saluting-lgbtq-flag/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Backlash As Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 02:12:20 pm »

“Its illegal for a uniformed service member to salute anything but the American flag”

I guess that was before wokeness. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:17:09 pm »
Having served 28 years in the AF (retired in 2004), to see this abhorrent crap just makes me want to puke. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:23:31 pm »
I don't think this is what my great uncles were fighting for when they hit the beaches at Anzio and Normandy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:39 pm »
Having served 28 years in the AF (retired in 2004), to see this abhorrent crap just makes me want to puke.

First, thanks for your service. :patriot:  I don't think potential recruits see it as part of what they want to see in the military, either.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 06:26:55 pm »

:patriot:

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 08:13:00 pm »
I don't think this is what my great uncles were fighting for when they hit the beaches at Anzio and Normandy.

I had an uncle die at Anzio ...18 years old. I thought he was on the beach landing but looking further into the history of his date of death (as reported) and his battalion, I think he died further inland. Two other uncles served in the Pacific theater and thankfully survived.

The fact that the military is promoting this cr*p is a travesty...for any veteran it represents disrespect.

To all who served... :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 08:13:46 pm »

I had an uncle die at Anzio ...18 years old. I thought he was on the beach landing but looking further into the history of his date of death (as reported) and his battalion, I think he died further inland. Two other uncles served in the Pacific theater and thankfully survived.

The fact that the military is promoting this cr*p is a travesty...for any veteran it represents disrespect.

To all who served... :patriot: :patriot:

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 09:53:23 pm »
"Air Force Tweets Image Of Solider SALUTING LGBTQ+ Flag..."

What flag do the soldiers of the Peoples Liberation Army-Air Force salute?

Who's gonna win...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 10:10:24 pm »
Sure puts 'fly united' in a different light... 888mouth :thud:

My greatest respect and admiration to those who have served and are serving in the armed forces.
I cannot fully comprehend the disgust which must be felt for the current Brass.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis