General Category > Politics/Government

Gavin Newsom wants 28th Amendment for guns in U.S. Constitution

(1/2) > >>

Gefn:

Governor Newsom Proposes Historic 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to End America’s Gun Violence Crisis

--- Quote ---

SACRAMENTO – Today Governor Gavin Newsom proposed a 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to enshrine fundamental, broadly supported gun safety measures into law. While leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition, the Governor’s proposal guarantees common sense constitutional protections and gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, independent voters, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – including universal background checks, raising the firearm purchase age to 21, instituting a firearm purchase waiting period, and barring the civilian purchase of assault weapons.

“Our ability to make a more perfect union is literally written into the Constitution,” said Governor Gavin Newsom. “So today, I’m proposing the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to do just that. The 28th Amendment will enshrine in the Constitution common sense gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – while leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition.”

The 28th Amendment will permanently enshrine four broadly supported gun safety principles into the U.S. Constitution:

--- End quote ---

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/06/08/28th-amendment/

Fishrrman:
Hey, Gavin...

(thank you, Johnny!)

christian:
Cooking the frog, foot in the door, lie to the public neo-Nazi destroy basic freedoms of a free people.

PeteS in CA:
Sasquatch, Yeti, and Chupacabra will be caught having a summit conference before his propose amendment passes. That said, Noisome's proposal has an intrinsic admission unpalatable to gun-grabbers: the Second Amendment trumps their gun-grabbing laws and regs, and it will take a constitutional amendment to "fix" that "loophole".

libertybele:
I doubt this will go very far. 

I'm still waiting for him to announce he's running against Brandon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version