Author Topic: Utah Rep. Chris Stewart submits resignation letter due to wife’s health issues  (Read 97 times)

Offline Kamaji

Utah Rep. Chris Stewart submits resignation letter due to wife’s health issues

By Patrick Reilly
June 7, 2023

Rep. Chris Stewart (R-Utah) officially submitted his letter of resignation from the House of Representatives on Tuesday due to his wife’s health concerns.

“I write to inform you that I hereby irrevocably resign from the U.S. House of Representatives, effective at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on September 15th, 2023,” he wrote in the letter, addressed to Utah Gov. Spencer Cox.

“It has been one of the great honors of my life to serve the good people of Utah in Congress,” he added. “My family and I have been very blessed by this experience.”

Stewart, 62, announced his intention to retire from the House last week and return home to Utah to take care of his family.

“My wife’s health concerns have made it necessary that I retire from Congress after an orderly transition can be ensured,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/07/utah-rep-chris-stewart-submits-resignation-letter-from-house-amid-wifes-health-issues/