Author Topic: Media Furor In Qatar Follows U.S. Ambassador's Tweeted Message Of Support For LGBTQI+ Community And  (Read 208 times)

Online mountaineer

Media Furor In Qatar Follows U.S. Ambassador's Tweeted Message Of Support For LGBTQI+ Community And Pride Month
 June 7, 2023
Qatar | Special Dispatch No. 10652

On the occasion of Pride Month, which is celebrated annually across the world for the entire month of June, U.S. Ambassador to Qatar Timmy T. Davis posted a tweet to mark the month and stressed the importance of treating all people with respect: "Happy Pride! LGBTQI+ people deserve dignity, safety, and joy, this month and throughout the year. One June 1, I reminded my staff @usembassydoha to treat colleagues and everyone else with respect."

Davis's tweet sparked furious responses from the Qatari media and from public figures in the country, who accused him of supporting perversion and unnatural human behavior and of imposing his own values on Qatari society, which opposes them. As ambassador to Qatar, they argued, Davis should respect the religion and the customs of Qatari society and refrain from tweeting messages supporting the LGBTQI+ community.  ...

Mubarak Al-Hayareen, a retired Qatari Armed Forces officer, tweeted: "Honorable ambassador, if we were in the U.S., would you agree to our breaking your laws, whereas you, the ambassador of the U.S., the friend, in Qatar, violate our laws, our customs, and our traditions and are inconsiderate regarding what is forbidden to us and is forbidden by our religion!"  ...
Memri

Gosh, I thought Muslims in the Middle East just loved the gays.  :silly:

Was that wrong?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Must have skipped the situational awareness class in ambassador school.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

Must have skipped the situational awareness class in ambassador school.
All Biden appointees are properly and thoroughly indoctrinated into ultrawokeness before being permitted to take their posts, cultural sensitivities be damned!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... know your audience.  Qatar is not Key West.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Read the room bro.

While I don't care for the Muslim religion, sometimes it can be useful.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Muslims are aligned with us white supremacist according to democats
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.