Author Topic: Majority of Americans believe FBI needs reform, 24% say it should be 'shut down': poll  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Jun 6, 2023
Majority of Americans believe FBI needs reform, 24% say it should be 'shut down': poll
Republicans were more likely to opt for a complete shut down compared to their Democratic counterparts.

Jarryd Jaeger
Vancouver, BC
Jun 6, 2023

A new poll has found that Americans are, by and large, not satisfied with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with more than half of respondents saying they'd like to see the government agency reformed or shut down completely and rebuilt from the ground up.

The poll, conducted by Issues & Insights and TechnoMetrica Institute of Policy and Politics between May 31 and June 2, came in the wake of a report by Special Counsel John Durham that revealed the increasing "politicization" of the Justice Department.

According to the poll, 39 percent of respondents say they wanted the FBI to be "reformed by Congress to keep it from meddling in future elections," while 24 percent say it should be "shut down and rebuilt from scratch" because "it can't be trusted to do its job."

https://thepostmillennial.com/majority-of-americans-believe-fbi-needs-reform-24-say-it-should-be-shut-down-poll
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The FBI seemed to let Hillary Clinton off the hook too easily.  If I had an unauthorized E-mail server for Sensitive State Department communications in my home, I'd be arrested, prosecuted, and imprisoned.

James Comey was a disaster as an FBI Director.  His FBI also punted on the USA Gymnastics sexual abuse scandal.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright