Author Topic: Enlisted Marine leader charged with DUI, hitting 2 teenage pedestrians  (Read 88 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Enlisted Marine leader charged with DUI, hitting 2 teenage pedestrians
By Irene Loewenson
 Jun 6, 08:42 AM

A soon-to-be sergeant major was fired from her position as the top enlisted Marine for a Quantico, Virginia, training battalion after she was charged with striking two teenagers Wednesday night with her car while under the influence.

Marine 1st Sgt. Beth Ellen Abbott, 39, faces one count of driving under the influence, two counts of maiming while driving under the influence and one count of possession of a controlled substance.

Abbott “had glassy, bloodshot eyes, the odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath, and admitted to consuming alcohol prior to driving” when police responded to the scene in Stafford, Virginia, after a report that two pedestrians had been struck, according to a news release by the Stafford County, Virginia, Sheriff’s Office.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/06/06/enlisted-marine-leader-charged-with-dui-hitting-2-teenage-pedestrians/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson