Author Topic: World War II veterans honored at 79th D-Day anniversary  (Read 110 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
World War II veterans honored at 79th D-Day anniversary
« on: June 07, 2023, 02:56:28 pm »
World War II veterans honored at 79th D-Day anniversary
World Jun 6, 2023 11:36 AM EDT

ON OMAHA BEACH, France (AP) — An overwhelming sound of gunfire and men’s screams. That’s how World War II veteran Marie Scott described D-Day, as Tuesday’s ceremonies got underway in honor of those who fought for freedom in the largest naval, air and land operation in history.

This year’s tribute to the young soldiers who died in Normandy also reminds veterans, officials and visitors what Ukraine faces today.

On Tuesday, the whistling sound of the wind accompanied many reenactors who came to Omaha Beach at dawn to mark the 79th anniversary of the assault that led to the liberation of France and Western Europe from Nazi control. Some brought bunches of flowers; others waved American flags.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/world-war-ii-veterans-honored-at-79th-d-day-anniversary
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: World War II veterans honored at 79th D-Day anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 03:00:48 pm »
Does anyone think they are proud of their sacrifices, bravery, and heroism now just to see them chewed up and spit out by wokeness and anti-American incompetent leadership? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson